Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions about Somnodent Fusion
Questions about Somnodent Fusion
I was fitted with a Somnodent Fusion oral device and have been using it for about 3 weeks. I am half way through the target of 20 daily adjustments (5/week). The device fits well and is comfortable. I have a few questions.

- The adjustments I make are on the upper piece, one move upward with the key. I recently looked at the Somnodent video and see that the wings are interchangeable. I was not given any additional wings. I'd like to understand what is accomplished by changing wings, and if everyone is supposed to get the full set of wings (I believe the video showed there were 3 sets.)

- Repositioning device: When I went in for the measurements and impressions, I was shown a model of the Fusion and the repositioning device. Three weeks later when I got the devices, the tech fitted me with a night guard type of device (just like the OTC one you'd buy at a pharmacy and make yourself by putting in warm water). I wasn't focused on this enough to realize at the time that it was not the repositioning device I was shown, i.e., the one on the Somnodent video. Are all users supposed to get the Somnodent repositioning device or is my doctor somehow cutting corners? Also, the one she gave me hurts my lower teeth and creeps me out because it seems like my teeth must be moving during the night. Why would my teeth be moving when it's the jaw that's supposed to be moving?

- I have mild OSA, 5.8, with some very long hypopneas which I'm actually more concerned about than the apneas. Has anyone had a follow-up sleep study before reaching the target? I would like to do this as I'd rather not play with my jaw more than necessary.

- Here's a naive question: is there a way to measure hypopneas without taking an actual sleep study?

BTW, I'm asking these questions of my doctor/dentist too. Communication is difficult (calls not returned, email not answered) and I'm not very happy about this. He has several offices in the region and is not often at the office in my city. Very annoying. My follow-up appointment is scheduled for June, more than six weeks from when I was given the device.

Thank you for sharing your experiences.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Questions about Somnodent Fusion
I don't have it myself, I have narvall cc. But I can say Somnodent Fusion is a solid device, wish you the best adjusting it.

As for measuring hypopnoes, you can do it with a cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.
I don't have a CPAP, so cannot do it that way. I was hoping for some other way.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh allright, there are some type of electronic straps that you place under your mattress cover that give some type of ahi reading, but personally I wouln't trust them and for the price they sell at you're better of buying a really used autoset s10 for 150-200$ and just use it for the occasional hypopnoe measurement.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good suggestion. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 147 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,593 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 358 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.