Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions about re-starting therapy, researching before doctor visit
RE: Questions about re-starting therapy, researching before doctor visit
I'm impatient and tired of waking up tired....

My dad switched to BPAP a few years ago and had a Remstar AutoOne that I decided to use last night.  I change the settings to 6.5-12 and used my very old mask.  It's not great but was better than my experience 10 years ago.

I felt better this morning than I have in a while but am sure I still could be better.  Here is my SleepyHead chart from last night (the first part is while I was adjusting settings, testing mask fit, etc., I was actually in bed for 6.5-7 hours).

[img][Image: p6RR21el.png][/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
You can turn off the setup session and exclude its events from your data. This will provide a more accurate reporting of your actual sleep session.

Scroll down on the left side, under the pie chart, you'll see the different data sessions. To the left of the date you will see a switch that is green. If you select it it will toggle to red, meaning it is turned off.

Are you using a nasal or pillows mask? It appears that you may be mouth breathing starting around 4:20 to 7:00 AM.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that tip, here is a hew chart.  I am wearing a nasal mask that was issued to me about 11 years ago.  I also wore a nasal mask during my sleep study 12 days ago and assume that worked out okay but will find out on Friday.

[Image: 8BNb3rKl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd recommend removing the ramp and move your lower pressure up to around 9cm. P-R's are a little slow to respond to OA's and upping the starting pressure may reduce your Hypopneas as well. I look at a Hypopnea as a wannabe OA (my opinion).  Additionally, most people feel starved for air when using a pressure below 7cm. You will also need to address your mouth breathing.  This can affect your results.  Bottom line is, "Not bad".

Keep us posted.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, will give that a shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Seemed to have a hard time getting to sleep last night. It may be a combination from not being as tired as well as not using a ramp.  I upped the minimum to 9 as suggested and also increased my maximum since I had got close to the max the night before.

[Image: c4JxEfil.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Your best bet for a new machine when you buy out of pocket is (a) an online retailer or (b) a local mom & pop who will match the online retailer (or close to it). You can actually do settings yourself, so you don't have to feel like you are strapped in to any one outfit. I do like to support local businesses, but not when they take me for a ride at a much, much higher price.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's my tentative plan.

Anyone have any suggestions if I should try some different settings for tonight on my temporary machine I'm using?

My old nasal mask is making my face hurt, need to loosen it up some but I felt like it was leaking.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try Pillows, many of us have found the P10 works for us.

Read the Mask Primer for fitting tips and general mask info (see my sig)
Post Reply Post Reply
I've read your primer and am considering the P10 but waiting to see my doctor.

My doctor's office is 35 minutes away and I happened to be driving by after another appointment and decided to try my luck and stop by. They will get me squeezed in today! My study wasn't transcribed yet but they will have it done in 10 minutes! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 151 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,062 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 158 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,352 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.