Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions about re-starting therapy, researching before doctor visit
RE: Questions about re-starting therapy, researching before doctor visit
Okay, thanks for educating me.

I have not had a headache for the past 3 mornings and don't remember any crazy dreams which were typical of maybe 50% of the nights in the past. Some were pretty fun dreams, though. But I recently had to confront a bad guy and that was unsettling. Hopefully, my adventures will be limited to waking hours from now on and I'll get good rest.
Post Reply Post Reply
A sleep and dream resource noted that dreams during REM are generally put together seeming logical at the time, and the NREM dreaming was usually chaotic, dis-jointed, and unsettling. I am not sure I believe that, but found only once on CPAP that I recall having the unsettling type, and my breathing patterns were different than all my other dream episodes. anyway, great for you that no headaches for 3 days.

Meanwhile, there is a REM sleep disorder, leading to way more waking terror, violent, unsettling, and anxiety filled dream and wake states. Mercifully, neither you or I have that to contend with.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some of my crazy dreams:

Was at a high mountain lake and there was a train locomotive with a rocket for an engine and an older Ford 1 ton truck for the pilot seat. It rocket off across the lake barely above water level, made a steep climb, banked, turned around, and flew back over me (us?) at a low elevation. Quite exciting.

I had visitors from back east coming that were going to tour my orchards and taste fruit but a bunch of boys from our Boy Scout troop had unexpectedly visited without me knowing and had eaten all of my fruits!

I recently visited some foreign country and went to Mass and things seemed a bit different and I only learned while having lunch afterwards that we had just been in a Jewish synagogue! We went to Mass again and there were some strange things then as well.

I have many more but don't ever write them down and they don't come to find right now.

I have not had a headache for the past 4 mornings. I slept longer last night even though I should have gone to bed earlier since I have work to do but I figured I should see how I feel with more sleep. Still more tired than I like but better than before.

I finally completed my order of a ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet on Amazon last night. Last night the same seller showed up around 8pm Pacific and started at $530 + $5 shipping but a couple of hours later dropped to $499 + $5. In a very short time after my purchase a shipping label was already prepared but it has not yet been tendered to FedEx.

I'd like some help understanding my daily charts. Is there a resource that explains what different things in SleepyHead mean? For instance, is clear airway when I'm mouth breathing? I notice some minor leaks in my mask but nothing significant. What are "large leaks" usually? I had no central apena during my sleep study but last night's SH report shows 3; is that probably a mistake?

[Image: lAXKmful.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
The third link in my signature is Robysue's Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead. It's an excellent reference, and is quite advanced in places.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you again for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
looking good.  the bottom line in the leakage plot is the leakage that is escaping beyond the normal programmed leakage.  so that is like leakage under face or nasal pillow, or if you are using nose only mask - it may be your mouth crept open allowing escape.

2 of the 3 CA were logged in your first 15 minutes.  I would discount these.  The 3rd one, you probably did stop breathing as an unconscious choice, perhaps during your first REM sleep phase when your respiration was more widely variant.  The key is your brain and lungs are cooperating just fine, and it just doesn't look like central apnea is going to be an issue for you.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll hold off posting more charts for now, will be getting my new ResMed unit delivered tomorrow as well as P10 pillow.

But, wow did I learn about the importance of a property mask fit. As I reportedly originally, the mask during my 4/19 sleep study was a dream compared to what I remembered using 10 years ago. But it sure didn't see as nice using the Respironics Pico mask at home and I kept screwing around and adjusting it to try to get a good fit. My nose and face hurt from having the mask too tight but leakage was bad with it looser. My sleep study stated they used the Pico with the XL cushion so that's what I used. A couple of days ago I was watching an online video about the mask and fitting and I saw the reviewer use the fitting guide that comes with the mask. I had never noticed it before and got it out and I have a much smaller beak than that! I tried the Large size and loosened up the straps and it is like night and day. I get some leakage if I turn to my side and mask is resting against my pillow but even that is not very bad. This is a completely different experience and just shows how important it is to get the proper fit.

My only complaint with the mask so far is that it's a bit louder than I remember from my sleep study but I'll see if the ResMed machine makes any difference with that.

My AHI was 0.25 last night and 0.31 the night before.
Post Reply Post Reply
My ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet arrived this afternoon, along with my P10 pillows. I had the same experience as another member here told me by PM; my seller shipped me the 37208 with heated hose although Amazon listed 37207. I'm not complaining. Smile

I've been using a PR machine without noticing any sense of feeling dry while using a Pico mask. Would it seem reasonable to start out using a humidity setting on the ResMed of something like 3? And how about EPR, start at 1 and see how I feel with that?

Thanks in advance, again.
Post Reply Post Reply
your setting on the PR machine was APAP, and that means you had 2 cm of pressure relief, which is like EPR=2.
your chart showed you had 7cm min and 11cm max. This means the inhale pressures (IPAP) of 7 to start and can get as high as 11 inhale pressure. This also means that the exhale pressure (EPAP) is relieved to 5 cm and would climb to 9 cm only if the inhale pressure reached 11 cm.
not sure how you would do those settings, you may need to state EPAP min and IPAP maximum pressure. If so that would be EPAPmin=5 and IPAPmax=11.
confused yet?

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2017, 06:38 PM)CrazyDreamer Wrote: My ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet arrived this afternoon, along with my P10 pillows.  I had the same experience as another member here told me by PM; my seller shipped me the 37208 with heated hose although Amazon listed 37207.  I'm not complaining. Smile

I've been using a PR machine without noticing any sense of feeling dry while using a Pico mask.  Would it seem reasonable to start out using a humidity setting on the ResMed of something like 3?  And how about EPR, start at 1 and see how I feel with that?

Thanks in advance, again.

I'd start with a mid-range humidity, although I seem to do better either dry or wet, not as well in the middle. I do not use the EPR at all, my tiredness and my AHI results are not as good if I use it. It is primarily a comfort feature and I am not uncomfortable at my pressure of 11.2.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 152 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,067 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 160 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,355 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.