Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: I5
CPAP Pressure: 5 - 16
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Questions before buying a new S9
I'm planning to get a new machine tomorrow. The outfit that sold me my old machine pretty much dropped the ball after they got my money. I have not been been back to the Dr. that did the sleep study. No one ever asked for a download from my S8 AutoSet II. I think from reading on this forum that I want to get a S9 AutoSet to replace my broken S8.
My questions are: 1. Can I get the software to read my S9 from the same place I get the unit? If no, were do I get it and will I need a reader for the card? 2. I would like to get the S8 repaired so I'll have a backup if I get in a jam again. Have not sleep thru the night since the S8 quit.
Thanks for any input.

JackSleep-well
06-17-2012 10:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Questions before buying a new S9
(06-17-2012 10:47 AM)Jack Mason Wrote:  I'm planning to get a new machine tomorrow. The outfit that sold me my old machine pretty much dropped the ball after they got my money. I have not been been back to the Dr. that did the sleep study. No one ever asked for a download from my S8 AutoSet II. I think from reading on this forum that I want to get a S9 AutoSet to replace my broken S8.
My questions are: 1. Can I get the software to read my S9 from the same place I get the unit? If no, were do I get it and will I need a reader for the card? 2. I would like to get the S8 repaired so I'll have a backup if I get in a jam again. Have not sleep thru the night since the S8 quit.
Thanks for any input.

JackSleep-well

1) DO NOT let the DME sell you an S9 ESCAPE Auto or an ESCAPE. AutoSET is the one you want.

There is free, open source software that works with the S9 machines. It's probably better than the ResMed software. See the SleepyHead link in my signature line.

The DME (CPAP seller) is probably not going to be willing to sell you the software. It's probably better to not even discuss it with them.

Read this thread about how to get the ResScan software.

If you can get a copy of your prescription, you can order the CPAP online from one of the sellers in the supplier's list on this board. See the link near the top of the page.

Online will be MUCH cheaper if you're not buying through insurance, but you won't get the down home, high quality personalized service [cough, cough] you're used to from your friendly, local, neighborhood DME.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2012 11:06 AM by archangle.)
06-17-2012 11:03 AM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

I know how it feel sleeping without the machine, hope you get the new machine soon. The S9 supported by both software ResScan and SleepyHead which are free and available to download from this board, archangle gave you the links for both. The S9 comes with SD card, you can use any card reader (nothing special as the S8) and some laptops have a built-in card reader. Look next to stop/start button it should say AutoSet
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup
06-17-2012 02:46 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

Hello Jack, First of all, welcome! to the forum.! I'm sure sorry to hear that your S8 quit and I hope you can get a different machine, soon so you can get back to sleeping through the night. I don't think You will be disappointed with the S9AutoSet.

trish6hundred
06-17-2012 10:18 PM
TorontoCPAPguy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: S9 Autoset II
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro FFM
Humidifier: H5i; Control III Germicide
CPAP Pressure: 12-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: CMS50EW Oximeter; Everflo Q O2 Concentrator; O2 Analyzer; Climate Control Hose (winter)

The S9 ergonomics are not as nice as the S8 IMHO but it is indeed a better machine. AUTOSET only! And I think you will find it to be more quiet thn the S8. If you need supplemental O2 at night infused ... the Everflo Q is the way to go. And give careful consideration to the Quattro full face mask especially if you smoosh your face into the pillow at night like I do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Educate, Advocate, Contemplate.
Herein lies personal opinion, no professional advice, which ALL are well advised to seek.
06-18-2012 03:25 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 85 15,329 11-21-2016 10:26 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  HELP BUYING AN ASV MACHINE Johnny Bravo 16 911 11-01-2016 03:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Buying a new CPAP...Airsense 10 or Autoset?? kurtb2000 6 1,295 03-30-2016 03:41 PM
Last Post: bwexler
  [CPAP] Advice for buying new machine and mask thebottomclef 15 1,638 02-05-2016 09:29 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  question about buying travel machine moretti 6 1,202 11-01-2015 02:40 PM
Last Post: PoolQ
  Buying CPAP online from the U.S.? tml678 11 2,312 08-11-2015 04:42 PM
Last Post: zonk
  Newbie with Questions! LOTS OF QUESTIONS! sleepyandsad 12 4,230 04-12-2015 06:58 PM
Last Post: worn_out_in_lebanon