Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions before buying a new S9
Questions before buying a new S9
I'm planning to get a new machine tomorrow. The outfit that sold me my old machine pretty much dropped the ball after they got my money. I have not been been back to the Dr. that did the sleep study. No one ever asked for a download from my S8 AutoSet II. I think from reading on this forum that I want to get a S9 AutoSet to replace my broken S8.
My questions are: 1. Can I get the software to read my S9 from the same place I get the unit? If no, were do I get it and will I need a reader for the card? 2. I would like to get the S8 repaired so I'll have a backup if I get in a jam again. Have not sleep thru the night since the S8 quit.
Thanks for any input.

JackSleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Questions before buying a new S9
(06-17-2012, 10:47 AM)Jack Mason Wrote: I'm planning to get a new machine tomorrow. The outfit that sold me my old machine pretty much dropped the ball after they got my money. I have not been been back to the Dr. that did the sleep study. No one ever asked for a download from my S8 AutoSet II. I think from reading on this forum that I want to get a S9 AutoSet to replace my broken S8.
My questions are: 1. Can I get the software to read my S9 from the same place I get the unit? If no, were do I get it and will I need a reader for the card? 2. I would like to get the S8 repaired so I'll have a backup if I get in a jam again. Have not sleep thru the night since the S8 quit.
Thanks for any input.

JackSleep-well

1) DO NOT let the DME sell you an S9 ESCAPE Auto or an ESCAPE. AutoSET is the one you want.

There is free, open source software that works with the S9 machines. It's probably better than the ResMed software. See the SleepyHead link in my signature line.

The DME (CPAP seller) is probably not going to be willing to sell you the software. It's probably better to not even discuss it with them.

Read this thread about how to get the ResScan software.

If you can get a copy of your prescription, you can order the CPAP online from one of the sellers in the supplier's list on this board. See the link near the top of the page.

Online will be MUCH cheaper if you're not buying through insurance, but you won't get the down home, high quality personalized service [cough, cough] you're used to from your friendly, local, neighborhood DME.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know how it feel sleeping without the machine, hope you get the new machine soon. The S9 supported by both software ResScan and SleepyHead which are free and available to download from this board, archangle gave you the links for both. The S9 comes with SD card, you can use any card reader (nothing special as the S8) and some laptops have a built-in card reader. Look next to stop/start button it should say AutoSet
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Jack, First of all, welcome! to the forum.! I'm sure sorry to hear that your S8 quit and I hope you can get a different machine, soon so you can get back to sleeping through the night. I don't think You will be disappointed with the S9AutoSet.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 ergonomics are not as nice as the S8 IMHO but it is indeed a better machine. AUTOSET only! And I think you will find it to be more quiet thn the S8. If you need supplemental O2 at night infused ... the Everflo Q is the way to go. And give careful consideration to the Quattro full face mask especially if you smoosh your face into the pillow at night like I do.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Educate, Advocate, Contemplate.
Herein lies personal opinion, no professional advice, which ALL are well advised to seek.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 151 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 696 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,530 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.