Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions for Simplus users
Questions for Simplus users
On the Simplus, there's this adapter thingy that goes between the mask and the hose.

1. Is this adapter like any other of the adapters that do the same thing or is it unique to the Simplus?

2. If it is unique to the Simplus, does it just snap on or is there some trick to keeping the dang thing on?

3. If it is unique to the Simplus, where can I get another? I want one to keep in my CPAP bag. I looked at one site that sells parts but I didn't see one listed.

Mine comes off several times a night. It stays on the hose and disconnects from the mask. VERY annoying. And I almost made a very bad mistake. I went out of town for a week. I took my machine apart but grabbed an old Slimline hose instead of taking the Climateline. I didn't want to take the humidifier half. Luckily, I didn't get leave home the night I wanted to so I had to unpack my CPAP and stay home that night. That's when I realized the adapter was still on the Climateline. That would have been a major problem when I got 700 miles away and had no way to use my machine.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Questions for Simplus users
That part is unique to the Simplus and the Eson. and it falls off all the time if pulled on just right. It's the weak part of that mask.

You can get a spare one from Supplier #1
Post Reply Post Reply
Paula, I use the Simplus too, and just out of curiosity, I looked up the part on Supplier #1 -- they call it the "swivel" -- but I think the price is way out of line for such a simple thingee. Bleeve I would try to find a used one before purchasing from #1, with whom I normally have no complaints, but really ... and if I had a spare I would just give it to you. Mine doesn't come loose very often, however, but the cushion itself is bad to fall off if I have to remove the mask during the night. Easy to put back on, though. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the Simplus since it first came out about a year ago, still using same mask, just change out cushion when I need to. My swivel adapter stays put just fine even when I occasionally pull my machine across my bedside table when I roll over too hard. So it may be that yours might have worn out a bit where it snaps on......what about trying a little well placed tape to tighten up the snap on part so it's tighter, or maybe even apply a bit of clear silicone seal so it gets temporarily glued on with the silicone seal.

I do find that I have to be extra careful when I remove the mask from my hose to take it on travels so I don't leave the swivel piece stuck in the end of the hose, and then leave it behind (I use a different hose on travels)....I'd really be out of luck if I had the mask but not the swivel adapter!! I am thinking like you I should put a spare in my travel kit. So far I have only missed one night of therapy, not because I didn't have the swivel, but because I diligently packed the travel machine, power cord, and hose, but managed to leave my mask hanging from my bed post at home.....Ooops!
Post Reply Post Reply
I typically order from Supplier #26 and they don't have it. I'll look to see if they have it listed for the Eson.

I've ordered from Supplier #1 and find them to be overpriced and not very communicative.

I just ran through the Supplier's List and #1 and 4 have it for the same price. Which is far too much. $25USD for a freakin' swivel?
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2015, 01:40 PM)under pressure Wrote: So far I have only missed one night of therapy, not because I didn't have the swivel, but because I diligently packed the travel machine, power cord, and hose, but managed to leave my mask hanging from my bed post at home.....Ooops!

I left my power cord at home once. But it was the S7 which used the same as a desktop computer so I went to Staples and got another. Which I then kept in my bag. I may be stupid but I'm not Stoopid.

PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
my point exactly about price. And some poor devil in Taiwan turns them out at less than a penny. I just went to ebay, and prices are the same there. But if I ever part with my Simplus, I know where to send it. My favorite btw is #10; love that free shipping, and prices are reasonable. Alas, they don't offer the elusive swivel either. Is a puzzlement.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey! I figured it out! Before I put the mask together last night, I took the adapter off the hose. I was feeling it in the dark to see if maybe I had the wrong end on the hose part. To keep from dropping it, I slipped it over my finger. That's when I realized there was a ridge INSIDE the adapter. I put that end on the mask first and it snapped into place vs just slip on. It also now spun.

The hose stayed on the mask all night long! It did not come unattached from the mask!

At some point, I must have flipped it and not realized there were different ends.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Way to go Paula!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2015, 07:40 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Hey! I figured it out! Before I put the mask together last night, I took the adapter off the hose. I was feeling it in the dark to see if maybe I had the wrong end on the hose part. To keep from dropping it, I slipped it over my finger. That's when I realized there was a ridge INSIDE the adapter. I put that end on the mask first and it snapped into place vs just slip on. It also now spun.

The hose stayed on the mask all night long! It did not come unattached from the mask!

At some point, I must have flipped it and not realized there were different ends.

Nothing gets by you!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 158 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,189 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  [CPAP] Breas Z2 users? acctingman 18 3,157 10-30-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: MontezumasViper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.