Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions for my daughter - College Student
RE: Questions for my daughter - College Student
(01-25-2017, 05:31 PM)PsychoMike Wrote: It may also be worth it to remind the Doc to look at the rest disruption index. She may not be having a lot of apneas, but if her RDI is really high, it could be something like upper airway resistive syndrome (UARS). UARS is like sleep apnea but with the body catching the blockages far faster so it doesn't register as sleep apnea....though with a 40% REM sleep rate, that's less likely.

Good luck to her in this journey and hopefully the PAP therapy helps.

Thank you. I did not know about this, PsychoMike. I will definitely ask about RDI and UARS. The second study showed 22% in REM sleep...  

Night one --- she kept the mask on, Smile which is a huge accomplishment, but slept lightly, so still tired. She was worried the mask would fall off or leak. As we know, it can take time to get used to the whole process and start noticing any daytime changes.

kwhenrykerr -- Can you have a goiter if your thyroid numbers are in range? I will ask the sleep doctor regardless. 

I appreciate everyone's input!
Lynne
Post Reply Post Reply
"Can you have a goiter if your thyroid numbers are in range? "

Yes

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Lynne, if your daughter tolerates a nasal mask, get her the Resmed Airfit P10 nasal pillows. Much easier to wear and very minimal interface. If she is small, there is a For Her version with a smaller set of straps. The P10 mask kits come with 3 sizes of nasal pillow so it's usually pretty easy to fit. It's very quiet and doesn't vent air on you, so easier to sleep. Your DME may set you up with one, although you can buy it complete on Amazon for about $65. Less is more.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 151 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,594 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 358 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.