Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions from new REMSTAR Auto A-Flex 560 user
Questions from new REMSTAR Auto A-Flex 560 user
Hi everyone,

As you may remember, I followed the majority's advise and got myself a Philips Respironics Remstar 560 CPAP (my Apex travel machine is on its way to Asia as well) and Phillips Respironics Wisp mask. Since I opted to purchase it online in CONUS despite being in Asia, it took more than 2 weeks before it got here. Needless to state, those 2 weeks were painful, agonizing and excruciating, to say the least. Maximum brain fog, cobfusion and lethargism, among others.

Here are my newbie questions:

1. How often do you guys change/clean the gray filter at the back? Do you guys even use the extra white filters that came with the machine?

2. Do I need to insert the SD card at once or only when I need to get the data?

3. Once I get the data and transfer it to my pc, does it nonetheless leave the data on the machine or its deleted once I extract it via the SD card?

4. What's the exact name of the app so I can pair the machine with my phone? Manual says Sleep Mapper but I can't find it on Google Play or Blackberry World.

5. What's the best version of Sleepy head for this model of cpap machine?

6. Any more tips for a new user of this machine?

That's all for now and, again, thank you for all the help and patience in answering my questions.

Cheers.

Egzbuen
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Questions from new REMSTAR Auto A-Flex 560 user
Will try to answer what I can:
1. The gray filter is washable. I wash once a month. Replace every 6 months.
I do use the extra white filter, and also change it monthly. Whether you use it depends largely on your environment. It is excessively dusty? Also if you own pets, it's a good idea to use the white filter.

2. The SD card should stay in your machine at all times, except when inserting into computer to read.

3. The data stays on the machine.

4. Don't use this, maybe someone else can answer.

5. http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./

6. Welcome to apnea board, and good luck with your therapy. Sleep-well

It would be a good idea to order the clinicians manual for your machine.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the Apnea Board! SleepMapper got renamed to DreamMapper:
http://www.sleepreviewmag.com/2015/11/ph...eammapper/

I don't know if that is still compatible with your older machine. SleepyHead provides much more and more detailed information.
Post Reply Post Reply
My understanding is that the apps are only available in the USA, you can't download them if off shore.
The 560 needs a bluetooth module plugged in to the machine which you can buy but not much good if the app isn't available/installed on your device.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi egzbuen,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more answers to your questions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I will be posting here soon my SH data which I have collected for almost a month of use of this machine. On a side note, during my visit to my sleep doctor a few weeks back, she was surprised on how much data SH had to offer compared to the OEM software of the machine.

In the meantime, I do have some follow-up questions regarding this machine:

1. Which is advisable to do, every after use in the morning, do I unplug the machine or not? If I do unplug, do I lose any data or settings done to the machine recently?

2. I still haven't tried the Bluetooth function but accessing the clinician menu shows that I can toggle the BT function ON and OFF, so this means I no longer need any module?

3. Without downloading the data from the SD card, the user menu shows some data off the bat. Going to AHI, it says "DAY 1" and so forth and so on. Does "DAY 1" mean or show my AHI the immediately night before? "DAY 4" means my average AHI for the past 4 days?
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no reason to unplug the machine everyday.

1. I've unplugged it a few times, if dusting or cleaning. Once during an electrical storm. Never lost any data.

2. I don't have Bluetooth on my machine, mabye someone else can answer.

3. Day 1 is the night you just completed.
Day 7 is the weeks average.
Day 30 is average for the month.

I don't have any info on my machine for Day 4???

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have Bluetooth on my machine. It just means you can pair your smartphone or perhaps tablet to the machine to use the DreamMapper app by PR. From what I understand (I have not used it), it just shows basic data. If you want to see more in depth, that's where SleepyHead is best.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2016, 05:27 PM)Shorty Wrote: My understanding is that the apps are only available in the USA, you can't download them if off shore.
The 560 needs a bluetooth module plugged in to the machine which you can buy but not much good if the app isn't available/installed on your device.

Um, no. Not correct. The newer 560s include native bluetooth. Nothing else required, but I turned it off. I think the phone app is kind of useless and see no need for bluetooth in any case, but everyone must seek their own salvation.

From Supplier #1 - "The 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth can be connected to a smartphone or tablet by using the free SleepMapper app available for both iOS and Android devices in their respective app stores. When connected, the machine will send data to a smartphone such as mask fit, therapy hours, and AHI from the previous night."

Note that they show the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP Machine as a discontinued model and the current 60 series is shown as PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2016, 09:49 PM)egzbuen Wrote: 2. I still haven't tried the Bluetooth function but accessing the clinician menu shows that I can toggle the BT function ON and OFF, so this means I no longer need any module?

You do not need the module - that reference was to an older model of the 560 Auto.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 6 110 7 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  EPR questions juniper 1 85 Yesterday, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 142 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 241 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 347 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 469 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 306 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.