Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions on Clinician''s Menu in my PR APAP Menu
Don't understand what the following two topics mean in the clinician's menu on my PR 560 System One machine:
- System One Humidification: OFF
- System One Restorative: OFF
I do have my humidifier on and running. Would appreciate someone who knows what they mean to give me a clue please. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
If system one or classic humidification is off, then you are using a heated hose.

Don't know what system one restorative is?? Do you mean resistance? That would be the setting you use for your particular mask. In your case, the dreamware would be set to 1. You should see an X1 on the mask packaging.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks You were right--it is resistance--I scribbled the words down and couldn't read my own writing. I've never turned that on or had the need for it explained. I am using the heated hose. I appreciate your quick reply!
Post Reply Post Reply

On the resistance setting.
If your using a Respironics mask there will be a x1 x2 etc on the nask and you set the resistance setting to that number.

If some other brand mask a FFM or nasal mask are good at x1 or 0

pillows not respironics id go with 0
A Nuance is x2 but how that would correspond with other pillows i cant say.
I do know 0 is good for any mask or pillows not Respironics brand
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still snoring with APAP Tahera11979 30 1,001 Yesterday, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Marillion
Question Should I use APAP while waiting for ASV Shift Worker 5 197 06-14-2017, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Thumbsdown Use APAP to approx. current AHI. Mogy 1 135 06-09-2017, 11:05 PM
Last Post: chill
  Weinmann / Löwenstein Prisma 20A Auto CPAP: APAP settings: standard vs. dynamic Costas P 0 113 06-08-2017, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Costas P
  Bench evaluation of 10 APAP / CPAP machines Costas P 7 393 06-08-2017, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Timur
  Apap to CPAP for camping, settings question. DavePaulson 20 673 06-04-2017, 08:19 AM
Last Post: DavePaulson
  [Equipment] Looking to purchase APAP from US (based in Ireland) alo10 7 294 06-04-2017, 03:07 AM
Last Post: zonk