Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions on a setting for a AirSense 10 Auto
Questions on a setting for a AirSense 10 Auto
I took delivery of a new AirSense 10 Auto on Friday and used it for the first time Friday night. After two nights of using the A10 I must say I'm very impressed in the difference in treatment and comfort compared to my DreamStation Pro running in AutoTrial. My plan is to use the A10 as my primary machine and use the DreamStation as a backup. I spent part of yesterday installing and setting up ResScan and setting up a FlashAir card for it.

I noticed in the Machine Settings list in SleepyHead for the A10 there is a setting called Patient Access. It is set to No. Does anyone know what this setting is and how to change it. I can't find any info on it in the clinician's manual or with online searches.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Questions on a setting for a AirSense 10 Auto
Set Patient Access to YES and Essentials from ON to PLUS. This simply makes more comfort options and a detailed sleep report available in the patient menus rather than having to go into the clinical menus.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the Essentials on Plus. I didn't see a way to set Patient Access to Yes. I was thinking it may have been showing No because I locked the clinician's when I exited after setting the machine up.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went back to look at mine, and didn't even see patient access. So I guess I don't know.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It doesn’t matter. I was just curious. Thanks for the help.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Same here. Sleepyhead shows "Patient Access" as "No" for every night that I looked at, including nights when I know for a fact that I had changed options in the Clinician's menu or "normal" menu.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Rich.

Last night I went into the clinician's menu and didn't close it. It locked when the machine went to standby and the listing hasn't changed in SleepyHead. It's not really important. The machine is still much more comfortable than the DreamStation. I am still trying to get the humidity and tube heat set to my satisfaction. I'm teetering on the edge of rain out so far.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi I just bought AirSense 10 and for some reason I could not view the menu items below MyAir under Sleep Report. I use the dial to scroll down the menu. The menu stops after MyAir. Because if this I am not able to view my AHI reading which is important. Pls help
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2018, 09:53 AM)Healthkares Wrote: Hi I just bought AirSense 10 and for some reason I could not view the menu items below MyAir under Sleep Report. I use the dial to scroll down the menu. The menu stops after MyAir. Because if this I am not able to view my AHI reading which is important. Pls help

Be sure to get a copy of the clinician manual so you understand how to access all the menus. http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual  

I think you need to turn on the Essential Plus sleep report.  To do this enter the clinician menu by pressing the control knob and home button at the same time, then press the control knob to enter the settings.  Scroll down to Essentials and change from ON to PLUS.  That will give you an expanded sleep report in the patient menu.  

The free #Sleepyhead software will provide a much more detailed sleep report than what you get on the machine. Consider using that as your main source of information.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider is right on all counts. I enabled Essential Plus on my machine before using it the first time and have always had a 10 item summary under MyAir in the Sleep Report section. The MyAir app report is marginally better than the report on the machine's screen. Both reports gave me 2 happy faces, which looks good on the surface. Looking at actual leak rates, however is a different story. The machine reports leak rates of up to 16 L/min while the app reports some leak rates over 24 L/min, adjust the mask, which still doesn't look too bad. Looking at my stats in SleepyHead, however, shows a whole other story.

SleepyHead shows I was over 24 L/min (large leak) for around 20 minutes with a max leak of over 27 L/min. In addition, I had leaks bouncing around 20 L/min for a good part of the last three hours of the 8 hours I slept. My AHI for the night was 0.37. While my sleep apnea may have been treated, these are by far the worse leak numbers I've had in months and by far the worse nights sleep I've had in months, which explains why I felt so bad when I got up this morning. This was with a MyAir score of 97%.

I would recommend SleepyHead over MyAir as well.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 159 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 155 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Airsense 10 Respond Questions SheShells23 12 463 03-11-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,185 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.