Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions regarding System One BiPAP AutoSV (DS960)
Questions regarding System One BiPAP AutoSV (DS960)
First and foremost, THANK YOU to everyone who has indirectly helped me by educating me regarding Sleepyhead, Machine settings, Firmware disparities, etc. Without Sleepyhead (which worked for my System One BiPAP Auto but not my System One BiPAP AutoSV) I would not have been able to get my doctor to recognize my complex sleep apnea.

Now on to my questions.

1. Although I just got the Resprionics System One BiPAP AutoSV (DS960) with heated humidifier and tube a couple of days ago, it apparently has older firmware. After getting a Respironics tech to reluctantly talk to me I have learned that the latest firmware is apparently version 2.53 while my system is at 2.00. Does anyone know if the newer firmware for this specific unit adds the manual humidification settings or the ability to preheat the humidifier? Or an even better question: What am I missing with the older firmware?

2. I am having Sleepyhead withdrawal since it does not correctly import the data from my new device. Can anyone help me with a link to Encore Basic or any other viewer that would allow me to view my data and once again be my own advocate regarding my sleep therapy?

Thanks in advance for any guidance anyone can provide.

Happy Holidays,
Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Questions regarding System One BiPAP AutoSV (DS960)
Hi mark,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your questions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Update:

I am now able to review my data using Encore Pro. What a challenge it was to get that setup. It is running on Windows 8.1 in a Hyper-v virtual XP SP3 machine with a trial version of USB Redirector in order to get it to read the data card. The next challenge is to try to get the DS960 to reflect EST instead of GMT. That would make it a little easier to interpret the data. All in all, Encore Pro cannot hold a candle to SleepyHead. So I'm still hoping that JediMark may still grace us with a version that can interpret data from my device.

Regarding firmware, I am still looking for answers to that. So if there are any System One BiPAP AutoSV (DS960) users out there, I would love to hear what firmware version you have.

Thanks,
Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP manufacturers are very reluctant to inform us as to what we get when we update firmware. Updating the firmware on a Philips Respironics machine is almost impossible for patients. It requires a special cable and special access to their web site, both of which are available only to medical care providers.

The best way to proceed is to contact the durable medical equipment provider who sold you your machine.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2013, 12:19 PM)markbking Wrote: The next challenge is to try to get the DS960 to reflect EST instead of GMT. That would make it a little easier to interpret the data. All in all, Encore Pro cannot hold a candle to SleepyHead.
There is no way to change the time on the DS960 itself. PR "forgot" to put a clock setting option anywhere in the settings for the System One machines. They are set to GMT at the factory and there's no way to reset the time.

Rather the time is corrected by the software used to interpret tho results. In Encore Pro this is done by editing the company settings and putting the company onto EST. If you have trouble figuring out how to edit the company settings, let me know and I'll try to provide a screen shot of how you get to them.

And you're right: Encore Pro is a PITA and it can't hold a candle to Sleepy Head in terms of data presentation and user friendliness.

Quote:So I'm still hoping that JediMark may still grace us with a version that can interpret data from my device.
From what I've read on Vendor #1's forum, I believe JediMark is working on this problem, but it is still unknown when a version of SH that is fully compatible with System One ASVs will be released.
[/quote]

Post Reply Post Reply
I did find the setting to change the time zone in Encore Pro. Thanks.

The latest fun was waking up in the middle of the night several times with a "Low Pressure" alarm due to an apparent mask leak (aka I opened my mouth). Try figuring out how to determine what the error means and silencing/resetting the alarm while half asleep. I'm not quite sure yet whether or not I am concerned enough about a mask leak for the machine to wake me up but I'm guessing I may not be able to opt out of the alarm.

That plus it seems like the auto setting is a little overzealous regarding the ASV timing.

I guess I'm kind of wishing I would have gone with the RESMED, but since I have no experience with their devices, I have no idea if it would be any better.

I have a call in to my provider already regarding the firmware flash. He said he would look into it. We'll see.

Thanks again everybody!

Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
Since you just got your machine, you can probably change it. Some people can't adapt to the machine they have. Both machines are great quality machines but some do better with one or the other. Thankfully, we now have that option!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2013, 10:04 AM)me50 Wrote: Since you just got your machine, you can probably change it. Some people can't adapt to the machine they have. Both machines are great quality machines but some do better with one or the other. Thankfully, we now have that option!

I was concerned about the DME not wanting to exchange the device. Do you know what the standard practice is concerning this? Or what our consumer rights are? Having had this device for less than a week, I'm thinking I would prefer to give the RESMED a try.

Thanks,
Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2013, 10:46 AM)markbking Wrote:
(12-23-2013, 10:04 AM)me50 Wrote: Since you just got your machine, you can probably change it. Some people can't adapt to the machine they have. Both machines are great quality machines but some do better with one or the other. Thankfully, we now have that option!

I was concerned about the DME not wanting to exchange the device. Do you know what the standard practice is concerning this? Or what our consumer rights are? Having had this device for less than a week, I'm thinking I would prefer to give the RESMED a try.

Thanks,
Mark

I would truck on over to the DME and let them know that you want to try the ResMed machine to see if you can adjust to it better. I wouldn't wait though because the longer you wait, the less willing they may be to help you. Hopefully your DME is close to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
While I have yet to personally use an ASV machine, in the reading, chatting, and email with others more knowledgeable than I, either your machine is as good as, or in some ways perhaps better than the Resmed machine. Thinking that perhaps this may be the best machine for you?

See if you can find a setting called 'trigger' or 'cycle'. These define how fast/slow IPAP comes in and leaves. On my older bi-level machine, I have the 'trigger' set to 'fast', and the 'cycle' set to 'MED'. So, it's quick to boost, but a touch slow to drop pressure - it's how I like it. Changing the 'trigger' to 'very slow' to me feels like the machine is running a half-breath behind me. Just a thought for you.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 146 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,604 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,036 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 250 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 296 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.