Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quick AHI question
Quick AHI question
I've been reading the various posts about trying a large size pillow for the Air Fit P10 mask. Last night is the 2nd time I've tried one and I seem to have good numbers (for me) with that pillow. I should know the answer to my question, but I don't - so please have patience.

The leak number was only 2L/min
AHI - 1.1
Total AHI - 0.8

How come the difference in the two numbers. There was 0 central so I'm really confused how the machine comes up with the numbers it did.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quick AHI question
(09-21-2014, 12:02 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: AHI - 1.1
Total AHI - 0.8

How come the difference in the two numbers. There was 0 central so I'm really confused how the machine comes up with the numbers it did.
AHI = Apnea Index (AI) + Hypopnea Index (HI) = 1.1

AI = obstructive + central + unknown = 0.8

The difference in the two numbers is Hypopnea Index (HI), AHI - AI = 1.1 - 0.8 = 0.3 ... HI = 0.3

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2014, 12:26 PM)zonk Wrote:
(09-21-2014, 12:02 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: AHI - 1.1
Total AHI - 0.8

AHI = Apnea Index (AI) + Hypopnea Index (HI) = 1.1

AI = obstructive + central + unknown = 0.8

The difference in the two numbers is Hypopnea Index (HI), AHI - AI = 1.1 - 0.8 = 0.3 ... HI = 0.3

Hi GrammaBear,

Zonk's answer (which is same as mine would have been) assumes you meant:
AHI - 1.1
Total AI - 0.8

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
What those numbers really mean is you are doing great Gramma! You go girl!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2014, 12:02 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: I've been reading the various posts about trying a large size pillow for the Air Fit P10 mask. Last night is the 2nd time I've tried one and I seem to have good numbers (for me) with that pillow. I should know the answer to my question, but I don't - so please have patience.

The leak number was only 2L/min
AHI - 1.1
Total AHI - 0.8

You are doing great, don't worry about numbers to much, as long as you don't feel tired. A lot of people would give their right arm for an AHI as low as that Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
oh my, yes. I am still working toward something below 5.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OSCAR Privacy and quick upload Fix? EasySleep 3 104 03-18-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
Question QUICK QUESTION [mask leak issues] johduv 6 589 09-27-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Central sleep apnea - A quick 5 minute video explanation. Expat31 2 509 09-20-2023, 03:01 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the ResMed 'For Her' settings? Robert89 2 505 09-16-2023, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] How quick do autosets change pressure? ted13 9 837 08-07-2023, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 630 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525
  Quick question about 'next steps' - Crummy doctor - CSA maineiac 3 538 07-10-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.