Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quick help please --S9 VPAP Adapt or Respironics auto Bi SV?
RE: Quick help please --S9 VPAP Adapt or Respironics auto Bi SV?
(09-24-2014, 01:40 PM)vsheline Wrote: ...I would never be able to tolerate it if I were not using a foam mattress topper. If you already use one, perhaps a thicker/deeper one would help? Take care,--- Vaughn

I do not have one, but REALLY do not like "feeling hot" when sleeping, which is sometimes an issue with the memory foam mattresses or toppers.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2014, 01:50 PM)jcarerra Wrote:
(09-24-2014, 01:40 PM)vsheline Wrote: ...I would never be able to tolerate it if I were not using a foam mattress topper. If you already use one, perhaps a thicker/deeper one would help? Take care,--- Vaughn

I do not have one, but REALLY do not like "feeling hot" when sleeping, which is sometimes an issue with the memory foam mattresses or toppers.

You might want to try the egg-crate type of foam mattress topper, not the memory foam topper. That's what I used to do when I had a frozen shoulder. It's just foam so it doesn't hold in heat. And I use a down pillow to prop up my arm to take weight off the still-hurting shoulder. Down/feathers breathe, so will stay cool.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2014, 05:34 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote: You might want to try the egg-crate type of foam mattress topper, not the memory foam topper. That's what I used to do when I had a frozen shoulder. It's just foam so it doesn't hold in heat. And I use a down pillow to prop up my arm to take weight off the still-hurting shoulder. Down/feathers breathe, so will stay cool.

Is this where I admit I sleep with six pillows? Four of them are down.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2014, 05:38 PM)jcarerra Wrote:
(09-24-2014, 05:34 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote: You might want to try the egg-crate type of foam mattress topper, not the memory foam topper. That's what I used to do when I had a frozen shoulder. It's just foam so it doesn't hold in heat. And I use a down pillow to prop up my arm to take weight off the still-hurting shoulder. Down/feathers breathe, so will stay cool.

Is this where I admit I sleep with six pillows? Four of them are down.

My kind of guy...
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2014, 01:01 PM)jcarerra Wrote: My net results with the sock and the Adapt SV is typically a very few OAs and a very few hypops each night.

Hi jcarerra,

When you are having the few remaining hypopneas which the ASV machine is unable to prevent, what EPAP and IPAP does the machine adjust itself to during the hypops?

I suppose the hypops were obstructive events also, but not quite as strongly obstructive as the few remaining OA events.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2014, 10:20 PM)vsheline Wrote: ...When you are having the few remaining hypopneas which the ASV machine is unable to prevent, what EPAP and IPAP does the machine adjust itself to during the hypops?

I suppose the hypops were obstructive events also, but not quite as strongly obstructive as the few remaining OA events.

When my breathing is regular, it stays in the vicinity of 9.xx/14.xx, always moving a little up and down. When breathing starts to get irregular, it is moving way up and down. And when breathing is exceptionally slim, it shows about 9.xx/24.xx (I never see it at 25.00 even though the curve is a maxed out steady line).

I am VERY impressed with the responsiveness of the machine! It starts raising pressure, when my eyeball on the curve is saying, "well, that wasn't much different," but sure enough it continues to get worse, and the machine was right.

"I suppose the hypops were obstructive events also, but not quite as strongly obstructive as the few remaining OA events."

Totally agree. That was my calibration too...that the sleeping on side obstructions are not as obstinate, and the machine is now able to prevent MOST of them from going into apnea state, as opposed to before where I would get into these hour long one-after-the-other cluster series--where the machine could not prevent them even at 25 cmh20
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,065 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Question OSCAR Privacy and quick upload Fix? EasySleep 3 104 03-18-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 787 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 675 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.