Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quick help?
Quick help?
Off work today so I get a chance to contact DME to try and get a new mask.
Currently using a FFM (don't know the brand). Works well but would like to try a nasal mask. I'm a mouth breather but want to try anyway. Also would like to be able to switch masks occasionally as straps start to bother me.

I'm a side / belly sleeper if that matters?

Question is, what would be a good choice for a nasal mask?

I using a resmed S9 average pressure is around 11
Range is set to 8 - 14

Also I should mention I have a beard...

Hoping for a quick suggestion before I call otherwise I'll just go with what the DME says

Thanks
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quick help?
While I'm a nasal pillow user, I've noticed many on the forum use a Resmed N10. It is readily available online if you want to look at it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2014, 10:39 AM)sgearhart Wrote: While I'm a nasal pillow user, I've noticed many on the forum use a Resmed N10. It is readily available online if you want to look at it.

Good point, not sure if I want nasal mask or pillow. Off to do more research.
I'll ask if it's returnable if I don't like it...

Thanks for the response

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
I could not adjust to ffm but nobody would help me with that.

Eventually, when I was getting another sleep study, the manager brought a lot of masks for me to look at. they were still in the package sealed.

I chose the wisp even though I was a mouth breather, or suspected I was. I was also given a very good chin strap.

The wisp (nasal mask....not pillows) worked great and comes with 3 sizes of the cushion and after a month or two, I no longer had to use the chin strap.

Some like nasal pillows and I might like them too but I just haven't been inclined to try them because I don't like things in my nose. This is not to say that someday I won't try them but for now, if it ain't broke, I am not going to fix it.

masks are so individual that we can offer what works for us but it may not work for you or a lot of others.

hopefully you can find what works for you. some say they order from the suppliers on the list and that some of them offer a return within a certain amount of time if it doesn't work for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Called the DME and my 6month for insurance is up on jan.14 so I have until then to research. They have samples I can go in and try out. Then there is a 30 day return policy...

Sounds like that is the plan.

Thanks for the input

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2014, 10:05 AM)Popriv Wrote: Off work today so I get a chance to contact DME to try and get a new mask.
Currently using a FFM (don't know the brand). Works well but would like to try a nasal mask. I'm a mouth breather but want to try anyway. Also would like to be able to switch masks occasionally as straps start to bother me.

Range is set to 8 - 14

Hoping for a quick suggestion before I call otherwise I'll just go with what the DME says

Thanks
Steve

You Really need to try the F&P Eson nasal mask, I have a full beard ( I look like Santa Claus) anyway , I can't see how one could be nicer.
Just remember what works well for one doesn't always work well for another!
Merry Christmas!! HO, HO, HO !
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2014, 10:05 AM)Popriv Wrote: Off work today so I get a chance to contact DME to try and get a new mask.

Range is set to 8 - 14

Thanks
Steve

Hey Steve!

I don't have a lot of experience with masks as I'm new to CPAP, but I purchased the P&F Eson nasal mask and it's amazing. It's super soft silicon gets a nice seal for me. I toss a lot and sleep on my side alot, and I've not yet had a leak problem in the week I've used it. The lady at my DME office said it's one of the best masks she's found so far, her clients that get that mask have almost no problems. I've also noticed there are a lot of great reviews online for it as well!

One feature that I think is awesome about the headgear (on top of the fact the it can be pretty loose and still get a good seal) is that there are three points for adjustment, one on the bottom part (the straps under the ears), one on the top (on your forehead) and there is one that goes over the top of the head as well. This helps with stability when you're moving around or sleeping on your side. As a first time user, I found it very easy to put on and take off, even in the dark! I'd definitely look at youtube to check it out. A sleep tech but the user name TheLankyLefty does a lot of reviews. (He himself has sleep apneoa)

I'm also a mouth breather and have no problems with the nasal mask. For me, it's all about blocking your mouth with your tongue! Good Luck in your hunt!
Post Reply Post Reply
F&P Eson nasal mask. I sleep side back other side all over the place. Comfortable can be worn very loose at higher pressures than your running. No pressure points. Also it is super quiet. Venting is silent with no air jet to disturb you or your bed buddy if you have one LOL

I also have a full beard and mustache. And long hair and tattoos too if that counts Big GrinBig Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2014, 03:18 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: F&P Eson nasal mask. I sleep side back other side all over the place. Comfortable can be worn very loose at higher pressures than your running. No pressure points. Also it is super quiet. Venting is silent with no air jet to disturb you or your bed buddy if you have one LOL

I also have a full beard and mustache. And long hair and tattoos too if that counts Big GrinBig Grin

Those tats can be a pain when trying to get a good seal Bigwink

And that's a great point Ghost, the mask is very quiet.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Wisp is very nice, and going old-school the 'Flexi-fit' with the sliding grey plastic (perfect for side-sleepers) was what I've used for many years until recently. Problem is what I love, you may hate. We are each so different~! Yes, beard, tats, and earring here too.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OSCAR Privacy and quick upload Fix? EasySleep 3 104 03-18-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
Question QUICK QUESTION [mask leak issues] johduv 6 589 09-27-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Central sleep apnea - A quick 5 minute video explanation. Expat31 2 509 09-20-2023, 03:01 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the ResMed 'For Her' settings? Robert89 2 505 09-16-2023, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] How quick do autosets change pressure? ted13 9 837 08-07-2023, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 630 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525
  Quick question about 'next steps' - Crummy doctor - CSA maineiac 3 538 07-10-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.