Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quick jump in AHI - any ideas???
Question 
Quick jump in AHI - any ideas???
I have be on CPAP now for about 4 years.
My AHI has never been over 4, most of the time it hovers under 2 for all this time.
On April 7th it jumped to almost 10 and has remained in that area even since.
I actually didn't even notice this until my yearly visit with my sleep doctor a week ago.
He increased my pressure to 13 (from 12) and told me to increase it to 14 if necessary.
No matter how high I increase the pressure MY AHI remains slightly below 10.

My questions are.......
Why the sudden jump, if my SA is getting worse why didn't it go up slowly.
Around April 1st I received new CPAP supplies, could this be the problem, maybe the mask or something is not working correctly and maybe defective?
Could my CPAP machine be broken and not doing what it is supposed to do?

I am using a ResMed S9 Elite with humidifier. I use heated tubing with a QualtrAir full faced mask, with little leakage.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quick jump in AHI - any ideas???
Any weight gain?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2015, 10:51 AM)player Wrote: Any weight gain?

Not really but even it was the case the AHI would go up slowly I would think not instantly. April 7th AHI - 1.7 April 8 AHI almost 10 and remained that way for a month.

Post Reply Post Reply
Not much to say without details such as what sort of apnea events (CA vs OA etc), what leak numbers and such. Since you have an Elite you can't see a lot of things.

One thing you can and should do is take your machine in and have it pressure tested to make sure it's putting out what it's supposed to put out. Other than that, you could try a different mask situation. For instance a pillows mask or at least a nasal mask. Something to change the dynamics.
Post Reply Post Reply
Of that AHI of 10, what is the event breakdown? CA, OSA, Hypo?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi edhayes,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and answer to your question and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 Elite is, I thought, fully data capable. Could you post one of your daily screens from Sleepyhead from an AHI=10 night.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
You're right Payton. He said "Elite." I absorbed "Escape."
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried posting an image of the software graphs but the board will not allow links to images.

(05-09-2015, 12:04 PM)PaytonA Wrote: The S9 Elite is, I thought, fully data capable. Could you post one of your daily screens from Sleepyhead from an AHI=10 night.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2015, 12:12 PM)retired_guy Wrote: You're right Payton. He said "Elite." I absorbed "Escape."

I know exactly how that works from plenty of experience in that type of inadvertent transposition.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OSCAR Privacy and quick upload Fix? EasySleep 3 104 03-18-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 173 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
Question QUICK QUESTION [mask leak issues] johduv 6 590 09-27-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Central sleep apnea - A quick 5 minute video explanation. Expat31 2 509 09-20-2023, 03:01 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the ResMed 'For Her' settings? Robert89 2 507 09-16-2023, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Sudden AHI jump woodepgh 3 400 09-03-2023, 09:37 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] How quick do autosets change pressure? ted13 9 837 08-07-2023, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.