Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quick mask question.
Quick mask question.
Howdy,

I've been trying out an airtouch f20. I am very happy with the mask in terms of results and overall fit and comfort.

I do have a couple things though.

1. I have a hard time beathing through my nose when I use this mask. I have concidered that the shape of it might be squeezing the nose Bridge a bit. 

I don't have issues breathing though my nose normally. 

2. I keep waking up (normal wake up time not in the middle of therapy)  with my mouth being very dry. It was similar to mouth popping open with the p10 but in this case it's not desert island dry. It usually takes a couple swallows and it's fine. 

I've played with the settings on the heated tube with auto and I've also turned it full blast in both heat and humidity. 

Didn't seem to make a difference. 

Any words of wisdom, fellow full face mask wearers. 

So far the ffm is the "best" sleep with the least amount of added stuff. (straps, collars, etc). I litterally pass out in minutes and sleep like the dead.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quick mask question.
My experience with that mask is that it may not correspond to the sizing chart. On me, it came out a few millimeters short vertically and horizontally. It was just small enough that it leaked a lot, especially at the corners of my mouth under the magnets. It was also a little too short under the lower lip.

I switched to the F10, which is a few mm wider and longer, IMO. No leaks, either.

My mouth gets very dry....same as with a P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is a medium. I may order a f20 cushion without the memory foam. I've read it's not as tight on the nose.

I have no issue with leaks at all even side sleeping.

I love my p10 but I have to wear a collar, or maybe a chin strap. I've got one prescribed thought I'd give it a try.

The collar works fine but it's more bulky than I like. Plus not sure why I have trouble falling asleep quickly with the p10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding dry mouth issue, 
I am curious if you considered using a mouth tape.

I had the same issue with dry mouth as air pushed by CPAP was escaping from my mouth,
once I started taping my mouth ( with silk tape or paper tape), I don't get dry mouth any more.

I also tried chin straps and some tablets Xylo* (I don't recall the name now), but it didn't really work that well for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dracus! It looks like I missed your question altogether! It looks like I was trying to answer someone else's post. Apologies.

I generally have the same issues as you with using the FFM. I have the most problems if the settings aren't quite right. For instance, when the machine starts up, it used to be at too low a pressure for me to get enough air in through my nose. I upped the lowest pressure 3 cm (from 5-8), and I have less of that feeling.

I have a super dry mouth. I haven't figured out how to fix it yet, and wish it was easy to take a drink of water with an FFM. I had the same dry mouth with a P10, but I could drink with a straw without disturbing my getup.

My dry mouth is likely to happen when the pressure is at the upper cms of its range.

Someone needs to invent a mask that has a spritzer....
Post Reply Post Reply
Sprizter, now that's an idea..
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OSCAR Privacy and quick upload Fix? EasySleep 3 104 03-18-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 143 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 485 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 333 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 431 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question QUICK QUESTION [mask leak issues] johduv 6 589 09-27-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Central sleep apnea - A quick 5 minute video explanation. Expat31 2 509 09-20-2023, 03:01 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.