Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quick nasal mask question
I've been using the resmed nasal pillow mask, and I really like it. but It's been irritating my nose pretty good. When my cpap was delivered, I was told I could try out a different mask within 30 days, so they just sent me a nasal mask. I ran a mask fit and it shows good fit, but the mask is continually venting air from a circular area near where the hose connects. Is this normal? My nasal pillow mask vented a little air but this one is venting more. The mask fits good and I can breathe fine with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
All masks have an exhaust vent, and the air supplied to the mask is about 3x your respiratory requirement to prevent re-breathing. Some are quieter than others. The Resmed Airfit P10 is almost silent, but most others have a noticeable exhaust stream.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2016, 07:03 PM)NicholasB Wrote: I've been using the resmed nasal pillow mask, and I really like it. but It's been irritating my nose pretty good. When my cpap was delivered, I was told I could try out a different mask within 30 days, so they just sent me a nasal mask. I ran a mask fit and it shows good fit, but the mask is continually venting air from a circular area near where the hose connects. Is this normal? My nasal pillow mask vented a little air but this one is venting more. The mask fits good and I can breathe fine with it.

It's normal. That diffuser ring around where where the hose connects is the vent. (as Sleeprider points out.)

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks! I got use to the nasal pillow mask being so quiet. The nasal mask is quiet, I just feel a lot of air blowing out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP Equipment (Mask) and Prescription question CZOscar 3 146 11-27-2017, 05:14 PM
Last Post: CZOscar
  x1, x2, x3... Mask Type Quick Reference? [Dreamstation] Sheepish 7 519 11-16-2017, 11:50 AM
Last Post: SnoringInOregon
  New, question on pillows vs. face mask Deirdre66 6 311 11-06-2017, 10:16 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  With a face mask pressure is about 8.5. With a nasal pillow pressure was 20 at one po brojohn1611 10 555 11-04-2017, 03:05 AM
Last Post: James2017
  DreamWear Nasal Mask and Leak Rate Attanasio89 5 373 11-03-2017, 01:44 PM
Last Post: trev121
  [CPAP] System One Resistance Control for Brevida Nasal Pillow Mask Nitschke 3 334 10-22-2017, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Nitschke
  [CPAP] Is Dreamwear Nasal Mask compatible with Resmed S9 ? AlexBW 11 560 10-22-2017, 04:33 PM
Last Post: AlexBW