Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quick nasal mask question
I've been using the resmed nasal pillow mask, and I really like it. but It's been irritating my nose pretty good. When my cpap was delivered, I was told I could try out a different mask within 30 days, so they just sent me a nasal mask. I ran a mask fit and it shows good fit, but the mask is continually venting air from a circular area near where the hose connects. Is this normal? My nasal pillow mask vented a little air but this one is venting more. The mask fits good and I can breathe fine with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
All masks have an exhaust vent, and the air supplied to the mask is about 3x your respiratory requirement to prevent re-breathing. Some are quieter than others. The Resmed Airfit P10 is almost silent, but most others have a noticeable exhaust stream.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2016, 07:03 PM)NicholasB Wrote: I've been using the resmed nasal pillow mask, and I really like it. but It's been irritating my nose pretty good. When my cpap was delivered, I was told I could try out a different mask within 30 days, so they just sent me a nasal mask. I ran a mask fit and it shows good fit, but the mask is continually venting air from a circular area near where the hose connects. Is this normal? My nasal pillow mask vented a little air but this one is venting more. The mask fits good and I can breathe fine with it.

It's normal. That diffuser ring around where where the hose connects is the vent. (as Sleeprider points out.)
[Image: 1F4m9Ift.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks! I got use to the nasal pillow mask being so quiet. The nasal mask is quiet, I just feel a lot of air blowing out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal Mask VS Nasal Pillows.... Help please Surfbear 6 120 4 hours ago
Last Post: dhammond
  Nasal mask filling with some water and causing popping noise Ticman1 2 135 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask users sleepytimegal 33 1,740 06-08-2017, 02:30 AM
Last Post: TrailerSweetheart
  Trying to move to nasal/pillow mask. Leaks? tedgreen 12 393 06-06-2017, 03:39 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  ResMed 10 with Respironics DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask Zhash 10 395 05-29-2017, 05:18 PM
Last Post: RonKMiller
  Medium Whisp Nasal Mask Alternatives? player 8 257 05-29-2017, 04:09 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  Newbie here, Pillow, Nasal or Mask? And my condition Navi 15 571 05-22-2017, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Surfbear