Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quick nasal mask question
Quick nasal mask question
I've been using the resmed nasal pillow mask, and I really like it. but It's been irritating my nose pretty good. When my cpap was delivered, I was told I could try out a different mask within 30 days, so they just sent me a nasal mask. I ran a mask fit and it shows good fit, but the mask is continually venting air from a circular area near where the hose connects. Is this normal? My nasal pillow mask vented a little air but this one is venting more. The mask fits good and I can breathe fine with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quick nasal mask question
All masks have an exhaust vent, and the air supplied to the mask is about 3x your respiratory requirement to prevent re-breathing. Some are quieter than others. The Resmed Airfit P10 is almost silent, but most others have a noticeable exhaust stream.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2016, 07:03 PM)NicholasB Wrote: I've been using the resmed nasal pillow mask, and I really like it. but It's been irritating my nose pretty good. When my cpap was delivered, I was told I could try out a different mask within 30 days, so they just sent me a nasal mask. I ran a mask fit and it shows good fit, but the mask is continually venting air from a circular area near where the hose connects. Is this normal? My nasal pillow mask vented a little air but this one is venting more. The mask fits good and I can breathe fine with it.

It's normal. That diffuser ring around where where the hose connects is the vent. (as Sleeprider points out.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I got use to the nasal pillow mask being so quiet. The nasal mask is quiet, I just feel a lot of air blowing out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 989 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 162 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question OSCAR Privacy and quick upload Fix? EasySleep 3 149 03-18-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,231 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,366 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 218 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 406 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.