Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Look at my zip file ASV
Look at my zip file ASV
Would anybody be interested in looking at my zip file to see if I need to change any settings. I am just under 2 months in so its not a real big file yet. I could email it. I am self tritation so I have been playing with the pressure quite a bit. Thanks Michael
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Look at my zip file ASV
Michael, I am running the new Sleepyhead 1.0.0 beta and could take a look. Send me a PM with your email address, and I'll give you a link to a dropbox folder where you can leave the file.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider had something come up and wasn't able to give me feedback, would anybody else be interested? Thanks Michael
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck Michael! I wish I could help, but it's going to be very busy for the foreseeable future.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try posting a couple of screen shots including an 8 to 10 minute segment showing your waveforms. Lots of people here can help you interpret your data.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2016, 07:02 PM)richb Wrote: Try posting a couple of screen shots including an 8 to 10 minute segment showing your waveforms. Lots of people here can help you interpret your data.

Rich

I have changed the settings 4 or 5 times, my ahi has come down but the vibratory snore has gone up. Some I am not sure if it's better at these setting or worse. That's why I wanted somebody to look at the whole picture.
Post Reply Post Reply
Michael, one suggestion to you is to shut-off the graphic in Sleepyhead for VS2. VS2 is apparently a snore, but does not influence machine pressure. It is a distraction and looks bad. With the other issues you are dealing with I don't recommend that you give it much concern. To turn off the events, got to File/Preverences/Events and un-check the boxes for VS2.

The sense of getting decent rest, and a quieter, AHI that shows therapeutic efficacy is key here. Snores can indicate obstruction, but the machines are not perfect in their detection of snores, especially VS2 (only in Respironics machines). You can have moderate snoring and still get good rest. In terms of obstructive apnea, the progression seems to be snore- RERA hypopnea, - OA. Generally EPAP is used to relieve OA, the most severe manifestation of obstructive apnea. In bilevel machines, pressure support (minimum) is used to then mitigate hypopnea, then RERA, then snores. So you can see the strategy here is progressive. If pressure support develops CA, then we begin to compromise and will accept more of the less significant events. Although your machine treats CA with machine triggered breaths, you still want to keep that at the minimum level possible while minimizing obstructive events.

With complex apnea like yours, you are going to have to accept some compromises, but you're still working towards optimizing the balance of what you treat and what you accept. BTW I saw RobieSue has offered to look at your data. She has developed some excellent articles (wikis) on this forum and is a great resource. It would be interesting to hear what she comes up with.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
She has been a well of information. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe that should say a wealth of information...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] BMC G3 A20 SD Card English Language file aabman 12 2,034 03-07-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Does anyone know how to convert from mV/cm to % O2 in an EDF file? erouting 1 454 09-19-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: erouting
Smile [CPAP] BMC G3 B20A SD Card English Language file ayuen99 6 669 05-23-2023, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Journal.dat file? YouTakeMyBreathAway 1 534 02-04-2023, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  BMC G2S A20 or 3B LunaII CPAP SD Card English Language file aabman 2 943 03-09-2022, 12:58 AM
Last Post: aabman
  Just about the clinician file Lee. 1 960 02-06-2020, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  prisma soft file bibi 1 1,839 02-07-2019, 08:27 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.