Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quick question
Quick question
Hello. I am new to this board. This is my first post . I have a quick question. Can I read the log on the SD card using the regular SD card reader connected to the computer ? If yes what software do I need ? I have RESMED AirSense 10.
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quick question
Sleepy head , free download link here on the forum.
And or Resmeds own software also here on the forum links.
And yes you can read the sd card on your computers regular card reader.
Lock the sd card before you insert it since you have a resmed machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I download flashpap and rescan 5.5 I will give them a try . Ghost1958 thank you for your reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2015, 10:03 PM)bulibasha Wrote: I download flashpap and rescan 5.5 I will give them a try . Ghost1958 thank you for your reply.

Sleepyhead is what most here default too as it reports a lot more info.
I run it , backed up by Encore if i want to verify anything absolutely.
Encore is the Respironics version for PR machines
Post Reply Post Reply
List the model of the AirSense 10 and the software using in your profile
SleepyHead and ResScan support AirSense 10
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2015, 01:56 AM)DariaVader Wrote: Welcome

Thank you .

(12-17-2015, 10:25 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 10:03 PM)bulibasha Wrote: I download flashpap and rescan 5.5 I will give them a try . Ghost1958 thank you for your reply.

Sleepyhead is what most here default too as it reports a lot more info.
I run it , backed up by Encore if i want to verify anything absolutely.
Encore is the Respironics version for PR machines

Ghost1985 can you please tell me why the SD card needs to be in LOCK position when I read it ? Also please tell me what is the benefit of reading the SD card information ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Ghost1985 can you please tell me why the SD card needs to be in LOCK position when I read it ?

It's to prevent the computer writing index files to the card - some ResMed machines refuse to read a card which has been "corrupted" in this way. Not all operating systems do it, and not all CPAPs object, but it's just a simple precaution to ensure your data stays intact.

Quote:Also please tell me what is the benefit of reading the SD card information ?

Assuming you have a data-capable machine (ie AirSense Elite or Autoset) there is a whole swag of information on the card which is really useful in fine tuning your therapy. This includes breath-by-breath airflow, pressure, apneas and hypopneas, leaks, snoring, flow limitations and more. You can get by without this information, but most of us are data junkies and really like to get down the the nitty-gritty of what's happening.

Edit: Have a skim through the thread RobeySue's Guide to Sleepyhead at the top of this forum. It will give you an idea of the type of data that's available.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for your answers.

(12-19-2015, 04:17 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
Quote:Ghost1985 can you please tell me why the SD card needs to be in LOCK position when I read it ?

It's to prevent the computer writing index files to the card - some ResMed machines refuse to read a card which has been "corrupted" in this way. Not all operating systems do it, and not all CPAPs object, but it's just a simple precaution to ensure your data stays intact.

Quote:Also please tell me what is the benefit of reading the SD card information ?

Assuming you have a data-capable machine (ie AirSense Elite or Autoset) there is a whole swag of information on the card which is really useful in fine tuning your therapy. This includes breath-by-breath airflow, pressure, apneas and hypopneas, leaks, snoring, flow limitations and more. You can get by without this information, but most of us are data junkies and really like to get down the the nitty-gritty of what's happening.

Edit: Have a skim through the thread RobeySue's Guide to Sleepyhead at the top of this forum. It will give you an idea of the type of data that's available.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quick OSCAR Question re Custom Event Flagging AndyB 3 718 06-06-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: AndyB
  A Quick Question for Viatom/Wellue O2Ring Users Crimson Nape 4 1,204 05-25-2021, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.