Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quick question about 'next steps' - Crummy doctor - CSA
Quick question about 'next steps' - Crummy doctor - CSA
Hey there,

OSCAR info showing pretty clearly that I have Central Sleep Apnea with very rare obstructive apnea (1-3x/night) and hypopnea (1-6x/night).

My doctor has gone non-responsive after I expressed my frustrations that she, her staff, and the "clinic" they replied to had all neglected to follow up with me about treatment.

Currently have resmed 11 cpap. I hear this might not be the right device for CSA.

Looking for guidance from this point, while I continue to try to find a new primary doctor.

Thank you all!

PS: One of your awesome members brought me here from Reddit and I am so appreciative.

PSS: Sleep study showed 400 apneas/nt avg. Current OSCAR AHIs are 2-9 avg. So the CPAP does seem to help. More than happy to share data if helpful.

PSSS: Cheers from 9,500ft, powered by 12v direct conversion in my sprinter van!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quick question about 'next steps' - Crummy doctor - CSA
Since you have OSCAR please post a daily chart. It's hard to make recommendations without seeing the data. See the links below for how to organize and post data.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2023, 11:31 PM)Melman Wrote: Since you have OSCAR please post a daily chart. It's hard to make recommendations without seeing the data. See the links below for how to organize and post data.

Thanks, I couldn't quite get my MacOS version to work the same as your instructions, but here is the screenshot.

[ USER BANNED ]

It will not let me post any images or links because I have less than four posts.......

Trying a third post...
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure what you're trying to post, but you can post your images by using the Attachment Feature.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...pnea_Board
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 268 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,921 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
Question OSCAR Privacy and quick upload Fix? EasySleep 3 181 03-18-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 343 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 601 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 1,002 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Most Informtive Metrics To Send To Doctor BlueSky1958 3 363 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.