Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quick question on changing masks
Quick question on changing masks
I normally use a DreamWear Full Face Mask, where it only comes up under my nose instead of over it.  In alot of ways I really like this mask.  But since day one I've had random issues where it wakes me up tickling my nose, and this has gotten worse over the last couple weeks.  I suspect the soft silicone may be wearing in such a way as to stretch further, making it easier for it to tickle my nose in my sleep.  I'm over due for a new cushion (hopefully this week), and I'll be curious if that fixes that problem.

When I did my 2nd sleep test they sent me home with a ResMed AirFit F20 mask.  I haven't used it since, as I over all find the Dreamwear mask to be more comfortable.  BUT, I'm considering giving it another try while I wait for a new cushion for the Dreamwear.  Since there's nothing under my nose, if it IS something to do with the mask itself (vs a reaction to the air flow) thats tickling my nose, that ought to solve the problem.

I checked, and the hose connections fit just fine.  Do I need to change any settings in my machine for the different mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quick question on changing masks
I have used the f20 airfit and the Amara View which fits under the nose similar to the dreamwear. I find the F20 to be more comfortable and have fewer leak problems. Both are full face masks and use the same setting on the Resmed. I don't know if y0u need a different setting on the Dreamstation. The AirFit F20 is extremely durable. I've been using the same mask and cushion for 25 months.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, it didn't fix the problem of something tickling my nose.  I'm starting to wonder if thats just a reaction to the moving air.  I will say that it felt less likely to leak than the Dreamwear, though I wasn't really  having huge leak issues with the Dreamwear either.  I'll give it a try for a few more nights anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
And yah, I've seen other's comments about wearing the same cushion for months, so it seemed odd, but I thought it worth ruling out!
Post Reply Post Reply
Any chance the tickle comes from a nose hair that has decided to grow at an annoying angle?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2019, 09:34 PM)Dormeo Wrote: Any chance the tickle comes from a nose hair that has decided to grow at an annoying angle?

The thought had occurred to me  Too-funny I spent way to long infront of a mirror the other day trying to look for errant hairs!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OSCAR Privacy and quick upload Fix? EasySleep 3 100 03-18-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 341 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 204 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 395 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 273 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 218 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.