Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quiet air elbow issue Maybe
Quiet air elbow issue Maybe
Hi
Was using a hire Resmed 10 for a trial and had good results for the month around 4 events per hour.The machine had the old elbow.
Bought the Resmed 10 after trial and have found my results have gotten worse with new machine,6 to 17 events per hour
Took machine back to get checked and got another hire one but have same issues.
I am using my tube and elbow from my new machine which is the new quiet elbow,
Has anyone seen a similar issue between the old elbow and new as this is the only common link between old results an new
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quiet air elbow issue Maybe
It's likely a debatable whether the QuietAir elbows affect breathing in reality. However, some, even mine, had developed black spots on the white sound deadening material in the elbow. If you're up to it, just use hand tools and pull the white packing out.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
With a change like that I would not think it would have anything to do with the elbow. Why not post OSCAR charts there may be other reasons for your increase in AHI.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Have sent machine away.will talk to supplier with download next week .Just came up with this though in the night when i woke up and saw how bad my event number was
Post Reply Post Reply
I have no way to know without OSCAR charts but if I were to guess it has nothing to do with your machine. I would look at positional apnea
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok Have down loaded Oscar
Here is last night
Dont have other machines data but was around 4 to 5 events ave with first rental
Seem they are all clear airway events
Has 40 events per hour whish is the same as my untreated numbers

try to attach again

Post Reply Post Reply
Clear airway apnea can NOT be treated with a normal Cpap machine. It needs a special machine which costs about twice as much as a normal Cpap machine. ResMed aircurve Asv is the correct machine for central apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it is treatment emergent apnea it will lessen with use. Gideon wrote this to explain why you get treatment emergents apnea - CO2 provides our main drive to breathe, the need to remove CO2 from the system and lower blood acid levels. It is NOT to breathe in O2. Needing O2 can cause you to breathe faster, but it will not cause you to initiate a breathe.

ANY CPAP/APAP/BiLevel will improve the mechanics of your breathing, this includes flushing CO2 out of the system, As the CO2 approaches your apneic threshold your breathing volume gradually becomes less until it passes it and you stop breathing (Central Apnea, one cause, a common one with PAP therapy). Having stopped breathing CO2 levels build and you gradually take deeper and deeper breaths resulting in the typical pattern of waxing and waning breaths with central apneas frequently at the nadirs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Stacey

Can we get a 10 minute view of the centrals, we may be able to say that this is without question CO2 driven and Treatment Emergent Central Apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK
I think this is what you are after

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 44 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,414 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 105 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 667 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 186 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.