Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quietest CPAP Machine = ?
Quietest CPAP Machine = ?
I have the Resmed S8 AutoSet Vantage, but it is LOUDER than my snoring. I understand the S9 is rated @ 24 DBA (whatever this means).......so how many DBA's is the S8?

Thank you! Austin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quietest CPAP Machine = ???
I found this page on Supplier #1 website .../DisplayNewsletter/44/Whats-New-In-Machines-Series-The-Sound-Factor. It explains what DBA's or decibels are and how they pertain to cpap machines. According to the spec sheet, your machine has a sound level of 31 dB's.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
My s9 elite is quiet as a church mouse
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife claims she has never heard my S9 Autoset.

We sleep with a fan on across the room.

I can't hear it either and must physically look at the screen to tell if it is on (or route air pressure out my mouth).

My leaks are under control, my mask is the quietest made (P10), and the machine is quiet.

There is virtually NOTHING to hear.

(If one of my nasal pillows slips out a little, doesn't happen often, then that I can HEAR and FEEL -- and I put it right back where it belongs.)

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
My breathing makes more noise than my S9
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quietest CPAP Machine = ?
Austinn1, I changed the subject line slightly. Sometimes the forum software hiccups with multiple punctuation marks.

Almost all of the newer CPAPs are super quiet. The PRS1, the Icon, the S9s.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
24db is very quiet. A fan kicks up about 50db and easily drowns it out.

Sleep-well
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi austinn1,
WELCOME! to the forum.
My S9AutoSet is very quiet, my husband is a light sleeper but he never complains about my machine being noisy unless my mask gets moved out of place, but that's a leak issue.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
My S9 is very quiet, more mask/vent noise than the machine itself. On the dB ratings 3dB is double the sound so from 31 down to 28 is half as loud and 28 to 25 is half again to the S9. Needless to say it appears to be way more quiet.
Good Luck, Doc J
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,086 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 218 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 146 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 180 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 400 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 834 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 253 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.