Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quoted $2000 for a CPAP set up by RT - can't afford, what other options out there?
RE: Quoted $2000 for a CPAP set up by RT - can't afford, what other options out there?
Sistemma
16631 28th Drive SE
Bothell, Wa

425-505-3065
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quoted $2000 for a CPAP set up by RT - can't afford, what other options out there?
Hi BCPNWsleep,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy and also with getting a machine.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2018, 04:19 PM)kiwii Wrote: Sistemma, mentioned by Sleeprider, is in Washington State near Seattle.

He also has a website and mentions that international customers do not require a prescription. I can't link his website though. I think the name is "Get in shape!"

Gave him a call and got a very reasonable quote! Thank you so much for the info.

(01-12-2018, 06:06 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Sistemma
16631 28th Drive SE
Bothell, Wa

425-505-3065

Thank you, got ahold of him and got some pricing. Much much much more reasonable, even with the exchange rate.
Post Reply Post Reply
And now the therapy and fun begins! Good luck and keep in touch.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2018, 06:15 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi BCPNWsleep,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy and also with getting a machine.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.

Thank you! CPAP therapy has been very easy so far, didn't have any issues sleeping through the first night with the nasal pillows. Just had to adjust the pressure a bit higher. Really appreciate everyone's help, I just had a gut feeling that $2000 was a lot (and not even for an auto machine...)
Post Reply Post Reply
Yay! I'm glad that you got a good price and will soon be papping away.  Big Grin

I must say that he seems very prompt and responsive. I've not actually purchased anything from him though.
Post Reply Post Reply
are you sure bc provincial health insurance doesnt cover?

here in ontario, ohip covers 80 percent, i just got a machine in november.

you need to do get a referral from a doctor, then do a sleep study and then based on that they can say you need a machine that will be covered.

i paid 250 bucks canadian out of pocket for my resmed s10
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2018, 09:42 PM)mattm1 Wrote: are you sure bc provincial health insurance doesnt cover?

here in ontario, ohip covers 80 percent, i just got a machine in november.

you need to do get a referral from a doctor, then do a sleep study and then based on that they can say you need a machine that will be covered.

i paid 250 bucks canadian out of pocket for my resmed s10

100% sure. From the MSP guide here.

"General Requirements for All Medical Equipment and Devices
A client requesting medical equipment or devices must meet general requirements that apply to all medical equipment and devices:

• there are no resources available to the family unit to pay the cost of or obtain the medical equipment or device;

• the item is the least expensive, appropriate medical equipment or device;

• the item must be prescribed by a medical practitioner or nurse practitionerand/or the medical need must be confirmed by the assessment of a relevant therapist (occupational, physical, or respiratory therapist)
Note: a medical need for a positive airway pressure device must be prescribed by a medical practitioner or nurse practitioner and the medical need must be confirmed by a respiratory therapist

• the request must be pre-approved by the ministry prior to purchase;
Note: the ministry will not accept payment responsibility, except in cases of a life-threatening emergency, for medical equipment purchased without prior approval."

Basically I'd have to demonstrate that I literally have no money, donations, credit, etc. to get financial assistance for a CPAP unit AND they would only cover the cheapest possible unit on top of that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2018, 04:00 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: A US mailbox is a big benefit, as are great over-the-border friends......  Wink

We must be cautious, TRUMP is already upset with Canadians and their shoes, lets not get him spinning about CPAP.

…  Philip
Post Reply Post Reply
Have a look at this thread from last week - I got and Airsense 10 'for her' for CAD 594 (I think) delivered yesterday no issue, they have mask inc deals too !

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...P-discount

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 198 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,874 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Stomach Sleeper Mask Options LikeaGlove90 13 1,152 12-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options? Labromaniac 3 515 11-20-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Resvent iBreeze C20 replacement - Options? sheldor 3 888 03-08-2023, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Good Info Here on Treatment Options cmpman1974 0 363 03-01-2023, 11:19 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  DreamStation Sleep Therapy Humidification Options (PDF) SwirlySauce 3 910 09-07-2022, 09:02 PM
Last Post: zellem

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.