Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

R U OK? Day
[Image: RUOK_logo.png]
https://www.ruok.org.au/how-to-ask

RUOK? is based on a simple premise. It encourages Australians to ask friends and family: are you OK?

R U OK? Day is an annual day in September dedicated to remind people to ask family, friends and colleagues the question, "R U OK?", in a meaningful way, because connecting regularly and meaningfully is one thing everyone can do to make a difference and even save lives.

It is estimated that 65,000 Australians make a suicide attempt, with an average of 2,320 people suiciding every year. In fact, around 45 per cent of Australians will experience mental illness in their lifetime, while 20 per cent are affected every year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RUOK%3F_Day

[Image: how-to-ask-01-ask-hover.png?sfvrsn=2][Image: how-to-ask-02-listen-hover.png?sfvrsn=2][Image: how-to-ask-03-encourage-hover.png?sfvrsn=2][Image: how-to-ask-04-followup-hover.png?sfvrsn=2]

Post Reply Post Reply
IM OK ~ HA BA CHU?

In the US Army we had this abbreviated method of conversation about mess:

JEET YET?
NO JEW?
NO SQUEET

Post Reply Post Reply
Translation for the language-impaired:

JEET YET? = Did you eat yet?
NO JEW? = No, did you?
NO SQUEET = No, let's go eat.

Eat-popcorn
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Hey, zonk, That's a neat idea you have in Australia! Maybe I missed the actual "RUOK day", but I'll be more aware and ask more people "RUOK". And I plan to look them in the eye, smile and LISTEN carefully. I forget - even in our little town - that, sometimes, everyone needs to be listened to. Improves life. THANKS
Post Reply Post Reply