Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
RE: Plmnb - the journey continues now with ST-A.
Maybe because he said I had weird breathing lol.

I have been told that.
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Plmnb - the journey continues now with ST-A.
I saw this diagnosis code and called dr. to find out what it means. Can't figure out why I now have this diagnosis.

Central Sleep Apnea G47. 31 (CSA) - a less common sleep disorder that occurs when the muscles that control breathing do not receive the proper signals from the brain, resulting in periods of apnea during sleep.
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NOT SURE IF CORRECT SPOT FOR THIS QUESTION
Suppliers only care that you have a prescription, and are primarily motivated to sell with evidence of compliance. They will call the doctor to obtain a Rx confirmation if needed. The HCCPS code E0471 is a respiratory assist device with backup rate and covers a number of different machines including ST, ST-A, and ASV. Your insurance primarily relies on the HCCPS code and appropriate diagnostic code to show medical need.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
Plmnb,
I moved your latest thread from the Product Review Forum to this thread as it relates to your therapy and is not a product review.
Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Y'all for all the help you have provided.

When I receive my machine I will let you know how things are going.  Based on previous experience I'm sure settings will once again be an issue.  I still don't understand how during titration they say these are the settings one needs, yet when you try them at home they are awful.

Not that they worked so well during titration, I "slept" horribly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, the machine I need is out of stock at all the places I have looked so far.  I was told by Resmed corporate that since the one I am looking for is the one all the COVID patients use I will have trouble purchasing one.

My DME has one they will rent to me, but I really was trying to avoid that.  They want $252 to do the set up and then $134 per month.  When I spoke to the first representative I explained that I really want to buy it and she said their company will not sell the machines.  However, if I were to find one and wanted out of the 13 month rental contract, I could do so by going AMA.  When I called back to talk about the situation, a different representative told me there was no way out of the contract.  I told her that was not what I was originally told and to please have the other rep call me back.   She did and reiterated her original statement.  I politely suggested they inform all their reps of the correct policy.

Has anyone here had success with refurbished or used S/T VAUTO -  IVAPS machines?  Maybe I should look into that possibility?  I guess I could bite the bullet and do the rental for now until I can purchase one.  I just hate to waste the money.  But the sleep is more important than the money I suppose.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a Resmed Aircurve 10 ST-A with 1995 hours on DotMed for $1900 offered by seller "ProntoDepot B. Johnson in Arizona. This seller is a frequent and reputable provider of machine on Dotmed.

[Image: 3750060.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks like I will try to contact for more info!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think if it doesn't work out you can get most of your investment back on resale...just not on the forum. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Well, another long haul to my fourth try at pap therapy, tonight we shall see!  (Getting my current machine is a WHOLE nother issue that I won't bore you with).

A couple of annoyances with set up, no distilled water made for a quick trip to the store and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to switch out the medium mask the starter pack came with to the small that was also supplied.  Good ole youtube to the rescue.

I am so anxious to get a good night sleep.  I'm really afraid this time though will be like all the other times, I will wake up thoroughly refreshed after the first night, but every other morning will just suck.  I just don't understand this phenomenon.  I will however try to stay positive.

Updates to come  Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions lisaistired 21 978 11 hours ago
Last Post: dormivi
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 41 1,293 04-23-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 3 97 04-23-2024, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 127 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 31 1,462 04-20-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 363,260 04-18-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 836 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.