Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
RE: Plmnb - the journey continues now with ST-A.
Thank you Vsheline.  I didn't mean to infer that our situations were the same, just that you have actual ST-A usage experience. 

Glad to hear your operation was successful. 

The tips you mention are helpful and I was just earlier looking up information regarding mask liners.  I will also play with the settings you mention.

I hope you have a good day.

Respectfully
Phoebe
Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Phoebe,

Your situation is very complex and everyone is trying to help by giving guesses based on minimal information. For example all the ideas about why you may be removing your mask and how to keep it on etc. 

You are removing your mask after RERA's caused by flow limitations. In other words you are removing your mask because you are having trouble breathing.

Please provide your Vauto data so I can see how its results compare to these first few nights of ST-A and try to make some conclusions about EPAP and timing settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Geer1,

You got the data then on the Onedrive right?  I'll try to find the other SD card and upload it the same way.  

BTW,  I stopped getting RERA flags after a very short time I haven't had a single one, at least according to OSCAR.

Speak to you soon.

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
These machines often miss flagging RERA's since they don't have the information necessary to score them consistently (EEG data to confirm arousal and respiratory effort belts to confirm increasing respiratory effort).

The SD data you just uploaded was from your Autoset not Vauto. Not much I can infer from that data since most of it was low EPAP but here is another example of your flow limitations causing a RERA(this time the machine did flag it) and then after some uneven arousal breathing mask removal.

I am guessing that most of your mask removals and yoga acrobatics are due to breathing issues.

I cleared the folder so you can upload the Vauto data. Once I get that I will reupload everything in a way so others can download the data if they wish.

Edit: To be clear I now have data for the first 5 days of ST-A and from your Autoset.
Post Reply Post Reply
Out and about at the moment. But I’m confused.  I shared both SD cards.  One card had my 1st CPAP and I was thinking my newer card has my BIPAP & now my iVAPS.

Which of these don’t you have?  

The RERA events were showing up all in a row over a number of days then stopped.  Not a single one on the rest of the days on that machine or the following two machines.

I’ll see what’s up later today or tonight.

Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
Aircurve models do not report RERA's, only the AirSense models do.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Missing data is from Vauto. The first card only had ST-A data and the second one only had Autoset data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Phoebe, I'm still watching but staying silent because I don't have real-world experience using iVAPS and would simply be giving best guesses based on reading the titration guides and clinical manuals. You are better off getting answers from people with real-world iVAPs experience.

As for the data card(s)...

I'm not 100% certain about this but if you used your second SDcard in the VAuto then put it into the ST-A then your card may have been reformatted by the ST-A and the VAuto data would therefore be lost. I seem to remember that I made that mistake once in the past switching from AutoSet to ASV.

However, all is not lost, because the data from ALL your machines would still be available in the OSCAR data storage directory stored as OSCAR storage files.

So if you REALLY want to transfer all your historical data, simply transfer the entire OSCAR data area (but probably not the screenshot area unless you want to transfer those too). The recipients should then be able to access the data as a new "profile" with a bit of directory shuffling at their end.

EDIT: sorry for the Unix-speak. "Directory" is another way of saying "Folder"
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes we can use the OSCAR data if necessary. The ST-A should have came with its own SD card, I am guessing the old one is still in the Vauto.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I'm stumped, beats me.  I'm fairly certain I didn't return the first two machines with data cards.  I knew I'd want the data.  Now, it is possible I put the second card, the BIPAP card into the iVAPS because I remember getting a third card in a little folder and just storing it somewhere.  So maybe it did get over written.

First machine, the CPAP, I only have summaries for Dec 5 -10 because...well...just because.  Starting the 11th of December and until the 26th of December I have data for the CPAP. Starting January 2nd until February 16th, I have BIPAP data. (Machine number two).  I started with the iVAPS on February 17th.  (Current machine).  So Geer1, if you want the charts for those days I can send you all the screenshots for those days.  Or explain what to do with what Geer1 said, but in a way I can understand. AQ, you usually are a little more descriptive with your directions.  Shy )

Regarding RERA:  You mean all this time I thought I wasn't having any RERA and I have been?  How do you all tell that I am still having FLOW LIMITATIONS and now RERA without the flags and such.  Which graphs are you studying that tells you I am still having RERA and FLOW LIMITATIONS.  I believe Sleeprider may have or maybe it was Geer1 or AQ that already answered about the FL indications, but I have forgotten what was said.

Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,198 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,577 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 532 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 231 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.