Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
RE: Plmnb - the journey continues now with ST-A.
So, to clarify,  you are interested in how some of my old charts, when I was using the ST-A, with the better AHI numbers, appear in the new version of OSCAR?  

And the new OSCAR will be able to tell from these old graphs, the extra details you need?

TY.
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
The new version of Oscar will produce the graphs with accurate device and settings information. I'm not sure if details have changed, but it will sure clean up the details. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the current objective is to develop an argument for a new machine? For that, it helps to see the successes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the additional information.

Yes, It has been about two years since I have used any PAP machines.  I can't take it anymore. I will be going back to my original doctor, a pulmonologist, instead of the last group of doctors.  I'm sure he will order another sleep study and titration.  I want him to know from the outset that a basic CPAP machine will not be sufficient.  And the other one we tried did not work either.  (Can't remember off hand which that one was.)

I'll put some graphs together in a little while.  I have to get used to the program all over again.
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
You should be able to go back through the data and compare any machines under that profile, or it may even be possible to split out the different machines into separate profiles and compare them quantitatively. We can cross that bridge later. The more accurately you can describe your experience with the CPAP, bilevel and ST-A the more likely you will get what you need. We can also work to pull examples of what problems you want to address with your pulmonologist and provide some graphic examples that may move you towards a solution.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ohmy 
TESTING: Sorry guys, been a long time using this program.  I have deleted my post and will try again tomorrow.  Sad  Having difficulty sizing images.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning all!  Coffee

After a frustrating start to beginning therapy again, I am on my way.

I decided to see my original sleep doctor from approximately 20 years ago, Dr. Whaba Whaba.  It had been so long since I had seen him, his daughter now practices with him!  His kids and my daughter even went to school together.

The office made my appointment with her because her father is trying to retire and he only does pulmonary and OSA together. (Made appointment for my hubby with the dad.  I suspect he has OSA and he definitely has RLS.) 

I took many of my notes gathered from this support group and prior test reports, and advocated for the STA.  She told me that I might get push back from the insurance company because I would have to show need for STA.  One of the things she said was something to do with carbon monoxide?  So she was ordering a titration test that would also measure this factor.  I had to wait an unbearable month for the test but the results are in.  

It seems my apnea is not quite as severe as it had been the last time I was tested because Dr.W said my test results showed high moderate apnea.  Up to 50 second of no breathing, stopping about 24 times an hour.  My oxygen levels only dropped to about 86% this time instead of in the 70s.  Would explain the less number of headaches in the morning I suppose.  I don't know what the monoxide bit was all about.  I have lost weight since my last go around with this, but it is strange because I have always had OSA, even when not overweight.

Of course there was confusion when I showed up for my follow up appointment.   Apparently who ever did my intake at my consultation did not do it correctly and the woman taking my vitals and getting me set up to meet with the doctor couldn't figure out why I was there.  She kept asking me if I was currently on CPAP and a bunch of other stuff that made no sense considering I was just there and had been seen.  Then it turned out the daughter, with whom I was scheduled to be seen had supposedly already left for the day.  I was about to lose it when they told be the dad would see me.  That worked out fine, we even caught up about old history.

As for my titration test, I was specifically told that the test would include therapy on STA.  I even received a paper before the test with CPAP crossed out and STA written in.  The doctor said I had been approved for regular ole Bi-pap (which I have tried in the past and it didn't work), I had to explain everything all over again.  He said just a sec, went to confer with some one, I suspect his daughter who I don't think had actually left yet, came back and said he had conferred with his "boss" and yes, I was re-written for STA!

The medical supplier had already been sent the prescription for the regular Bi-pap so they had to re-send the new prescription.  I got a copy for myself because I am buying the unit on my own.  The insurance company stated I have to pay 45%.  It would be $250 to do set up and the $134 per month.  (The monthly is much lower than I had thought from in the past, but I researched my old bills and saw it had actually gone up.). With all the price deals Resmed equipment has at a particular supplier it is a no brainer to buy outright.  The prescription is for the BILEVEL S/T AUTO - IVAPS: MIN PS 5, MAX PS 15. AUTO BPM.

We shall see how it all goes, keeping my fingers crossed! AND MANY THANKS AGAIN FOR ALLOWING ME TO POST MY NOVELS.

PS. He did say I have weird breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
NOT SURE IF CORRECT SPOT FOR THIS QUESTION
I will be calling some suppliers this morning and discussing my prescription with them.

The machine my doctor prescribed just says: E0471 Bilevel S/T Auto - Ivaps and has the settings listed.  Will this be enough information to be supplied the Resmed which is all my insurance DME provides for these types of machines?

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck with the new ST-A therapy. Did the Rx include pressures?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks

Yup, EPAP 15, MIN 5, MAX PS 15 AUTO BPM

Do these indicate anything particular?

Right now I am having issues finding one to by in stock. My DME will only rent.
Post Reply Post Reply
Doesn't mean anything to me at this point and almost looks more like ASV than ST-A
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,067 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 960 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,209 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,585 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 538 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 233 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.