Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RE: System Ones - Philips Respironics Recall Update
RE: System Ones - Philips Respironics Recall Update
Last week one of my 3 units that I registered for the Recall, for a System One ASV auto Advanced- said they would ship out a unit within 30 days of receiving a prescription from my Doctor. 
I had to jump through a few hoops to get the prescription - and then the day after my prescription was faxed by my doctor- 

All 3 of my System Ones have a new status update - 
"Your Machine cannot be repaired and has Exceeded the Life Expectancy. 
You can either choose to get $50 dollars for the unit if you return it or elect to continue to 
wait for Remediation . . ."

Pretty much lost cause for me to get any sort of replacement for 2 ASVs and 1 BiPAP (System Ones) that I had registered.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RE: System Ones = Philips Respironics Recall Update
ruach,

Ouch, that hurts. How old was the one they were to replace. bug them again maybe an error.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2022, 04:39 PM)KeepSmiling Wrote: ruach,

Ouch, that hurts.  How old was the one they were to replace.  bug them again   maybe an error.

I think I got it in 2016, which would be at least 6 years old, and the second ASV was in 2017, and the BiPap was in 2014. . .  so, yah, they all have met their life expectancy if we are going according to 2022. . .
Post Reply Post Reply
That is unfortunate because they could last a long time. My REMstar Auto M Series with C-Flex lasted more than 15 years. It is the only machine I have used. They were built well with powerful motors back in the good old days.

I did some disassembly of it, I have no idea how foam from the insulation can get into my machine. I do not know if the system ones are built different. Is it off gassing on the outside of the machine?

My son got his system one early 2016 I think.

Sucks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just re-read my status on the Philips website-

it said i have a choice to continue the remediation process or choose to receive $50 dollars.
I will choose for a replacment, it says if I choose that option I am noted as refusing the
$50 dollars. 

It will be interesting to see if they send me a unit at some point since they already have my faxed prescription from my doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a bummer for sure, they are old though, I have three dreamstations I've registered, but I've replaced the air chamber on them all so I'm using one and have the other two for backup (an ASV, autobipap, and APAP)... I have not heard much from phillips and I have copies of my prescriptions. Are you using your machines?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,861 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,624 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,260 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,451 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 301 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 370 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.