Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

REM Sleep Behaviour Disorder
REM Sleep Behaviour Disorder
Anyone in here suffers REM Sleep behaviour disorder as well as Sleep Apnea? To go back to sleep clinic end of this month for another sleep study/chat with consultant as looks like I suffer with both! One thing after another argh!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REM Sleep Behaviour Disorder
Hi,
just a curiosity: you would considere yourself with apnea and other flow reductions worked out?...RDB would change in accordance with worse/better nights?
good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am curious to hear what your symptoms are. I am recently diagnosed with mild Obstructive Sleep Apnea which I am now convinced I have but also have something else going on. I have also had anxiety/depression issues and am not sure if maybe REM sleep behavior disorder but can't be sure. I wake up oftentimes acting out my dreams, yelling/kicking/punching which I understand is one of the symptoms. I have been on CPAP for 3 weeks and have made significant progess but still have a ways to go. I wake up regularly, sometimes every hour on the hour - this was a problem pre-CPAP and continues to be a problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve been on CPAP sometime and my AHI is between 0.0 and 0.9 overnight so my breathing problems are under control but I act out vivid dreams. Shout, scream, yell and actually was kicking my wife the other night. I take medication which can induce REM behaviour disorder which is Venlafaxine however recently changed on to extended release but still have the same issues.

I could wake up the next day and tell you my dreams like they are a movie I just watched!
Post Reply Post Reply
I can definitely relate my dreams were crazy vivid before CPAP and now they haven't ratcheted up a notch. I have kicked my dog(not married Big Grin ) several times. He sleeps with one eye open and I'm sure he could have some amazing stories! The scary thing I read about REM sbd is its link to parkinsons. My fingers are crossed I don't have it
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I’m scared as hell about the Parkinson’s link as my gran died of it!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 225 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 255 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,420 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 837 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Can anybody comment on this desaturation behaviour? desaturator 82 5,684 04-23-2023, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Brucpap
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,067 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 702 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.