Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

REM Sleep Disorder
REM Sleep Disorder
Hi, just wondering if anyone has experinece of this. I have not been formally diagnosed but strongly suspect i have this. To explain, this is a disorder whereby dreamers are able to act out their dream whilst in REM sleep. Normally the brain immobilises arms and legs during REM. However, those with the disorder, for some reason are not immobilised leading to being able to kick or punch out. In my case this means that if i am dreaming about playing football the wife can get a real kick if i am scoring a goal - not pleasant. Has anyone been diagnosed with this and if so what was the background cause. Whilst not a lot is known about this some websites attribute this as a precursor to Parkinsons or to a side effect of medication. I know this is not an OSA issue but hoped others might be able to help. Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do sleep aids effect sleep study results wking 12 258 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: dapal
  REM Sleep Behaviour Disorder Davidacarrick 5 425 11-04-2019, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Davidacarrick
  Did in-home sleep study, seeking referral to remote sleep medicine doc (telemedicine) NightOwl42 11 1,531 02-04-2019, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Stom
Exclaimation Here is what a Sleep Tech Supervisor told me about my recent sleep study MyronH 29 3,246 11-04-2018, 01:28 PM
Last Post: zzzlessinMS
  Had another sleep study last night. Can home air quality/allergen affect sleep apnea? MyronH 9 1,087 10-11-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  [News] Expectant Father Dies in Crash; Family Blames Sleep Disorder ApneaNews 21 5,583 03-31-2018, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Catathrenia: a different kind of sleep disorder treated with xPAP HalfAsleep 2 1,061 01-31-2018, 12:58 AM
Last Post: kiwii

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.