Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airmini leaking noise at the humidx connection point
Airmini leaking noise at the humidx connection point
Hello everyone,
I've been using Airsense 10 very well and just purchased Airmini for the travel purpose. On my first night of the trial, due to the air leaking sound at the humidx connection point I even could not wear the mask for 10 minutes... . To test it I blocked the hose with my palm: obviously no sound before the humidx connection point, but the same hissing sound after attaching the humidx-holding portion. I wonder whether this is a defective part or am I doing something wrong?? Any help would be really appreciated!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airmini leaking noise at the humidx connection point
Unfortunately that's the design of the AirMini humid connection port, it is vented at the connection. I have tried several different masks and hose configurations (with adaptor/no humidx port) but I find the AirMini airflow loud and need to use it with a white noise generator, or sleepbuds to help mask the noise. Perhaps if I used it all the time I could get used to it, but I bought it for travel and have only used it on a limited basis.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 7 624 03-29-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 21,143 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 182 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 218 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 212 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,710 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 1,126 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.