Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

REM sleep and FitBit
RE: REM sleep and FitBit
Some general pointers
REM - variable and higher heart rate and variable and higher breathing/respiratory rate. Used median lines and zoom y-axis for better view of the slight differences. Lower amplitude flow rate. More and higher number of flow limits.
Deep - steady and lower heart rate and steady and lower respiratory rate. Less or no flow limitations. No movements. Clear and steady flow rate.

You can see fitbit got wrong the timing of your first 2 REM stages.

@Geer1 what UF1 and UF2 settings do you use?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REM sleep and FitBit
Fitbit may be pretty OK tracking sleep stages for people with healthy normal sleep--and that is almost certainly the type of person for which studies were done on its accuracy.

I think if you have any form of disrupted sleep, including apnea, it's going to have a lot more trouble accurately tracking sleep stages -- especially distinguishing REM from Awake. That is my experience currently. I have it showing periods of REM where I know I was awake(i.e. I did something to specifically note the time when I was awake), and vice versa(harder to verify). If your treatment is working well and you are sleeping soundly through the night, then it may be more accurate.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 224 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 253 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,417 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 835 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,065 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Question Fitbit / Apple Watch with OSCAR B1Sailor 11 2,271 11-22-2022, 08:27 PM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 701 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.