Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

REMED Airsense 10 "problem"
REMED Airsense 10 "problem"
I searched but didnt see this topic (sorry if its been covered/my google fu is lacking)

After "X" hours, it feels like the machine for a fraction or two of a second stops blowing air which causes a suction/vacuum effect. Its like  my mask is pulsing or something.

If you've ever left your mask on and hit the off button, know the feeling..or at least thats the same feeling/vacuum that happens over extended periods of time. Its so bad when i kind of wake up/am in twilight, the constant sucking of  my face is enough to wake me up.

Anyone expirance anything like that, and more importantly, anyone find a "fix"?

Thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REMED Airsense 10 "problem"
The SmartStart function may be malfunctioning. You can either turn that feature off, or consider a warranty situation. Download #Sleepyhead software and you can see if there was a long apnea or large leak before the machine shut down. A very large leak will activate the SmartStart to turn off the machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks -

i went to the website and it says project sleepyhead is shut down.

I use the myair website and it shows little to no leaks most of the time

i already switched machines . This happened in the past, so they warrantied it out. Still happening.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead was shut down by JediMark but is still available on Apnea Board and the link is this word #Sleepyhead and the link at the top of this page.  We are working on releasing the Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter (OSCAR) which is the continuation of Sleepyhead. This may be available later this month or certainly early next month.  Download Sleepyhead for now, and the migration to OSCAR will be easily accomplished later.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,567 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 615 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,331 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,469 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 550 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 391 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.