Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

REMINDER: IDIOT-PROOFING YOUR S10
Wink 
REMINDER: IDIOT-PROOFING YOUR S10
Like an idiot, I forgot to replace the SD card in my ResMed AirSense Autoset. The idiot part comes from be distracted from the Sleepyhead warning to replace my card in the machine.

I have now placed a black adhesive dot on my water chamber to remind me to check the SD card.

It finding it amazing that,, given the cost of the machine, it does not contain a relatively cheap one gigabyte memory chip in place to capture data independently of the SD card.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REMINDER: IDIOT-PROOFING YOUR S10
Why not replace the SD card with a WiFi SD and then just download the data direct? This really saves wear and tear on the SD slot and eliminates the "Oops!".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The vast majority of users never touch the card and are told to bring the entire machine in to the Doctors office. Having done the same thing as you, I hold the card door open with an orange earplug whenever the card is not in the machine. I always intend to bring it back before night time, this way I know for sure if I have forgotten
Post Reply Post Reply
flashair wifi card for the win!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I went the Flash Air route too and consider it money well spend.
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 for the flash air route. After one too many oops nights I took the plunge. The WiFi card is relatively cheap and the convenience factor makes it well worth it.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Will the WiFi SD card work in the Respironics System One BiPAP autoSV Advanced? I've researched this forum but I haven't found this particular machine come up in the posts that I have reviewed.

If it will work, can someone please provide the specs of what I need to look for to purchase?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2016, 03:36 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Why not replace the SD card with a WiFi SD and then just download the data direct? This really saves wear and tear on the SD slot and eliminates the "Oops!".

I totally intend to do that after my warranty expires. If you look in the back threads, there were a few reports of the WIFI SD card getting hot. I'm not techie enough to figure it out - perhaps someone here has some knowledge of it? Perhaps my concern is unwarranted?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2016, 07:06 PM)afwife4 Wrote: Will the WiFi SD card work in the Respironics System One BiPAP autoSV Advanced? I've researched this forum but I haven't found this particular machine come up in the posts that I have reviewed.

If it will work, can someone please provide the specs of what I need to look for to purchase?

Here is the link discussing this:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid157811
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
with the system one machines, it depends on it's generation. my son had the 560 apap and it did not work in his, however - i am pretty sure his machine was something his dme had in the back closet because resmed was their preferred brand. Others with a 560 have it working. I have them working in my Resmed s9 (one of the last before they quit making it) and my sons new resmed bilevel.
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile [News] REMINDER - TIME CHANGE AHEAD srlevine1 2 585 11-03-2022, 09:27 PM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  [Admin Note] Reminder concerning advice offered via Private Messages SuperSleeper 1 1,087 10-27-2022, 09:27 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Filter reminder to those in the West Deborah K. 6 694 08-09-2021, 11:31 PM
Last Post: JJJ
Sad [Treatment] UARS Treatment, on VAuto symptoms persisting, I'm an idiot when it comes to OSCAR pistolpasta 7 789 07-01-2021, 08:34 PM
Last Post: pistolpasta
  Just a simple reminder. Big Guy 8 908 06-26-2021, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Rice95
Cool [News] REMINDER - DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME srlevine1 17 2,153 03-08-2020, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
Angry [News] DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME REMINDER srlevine1 23 2,724 11-04-2019, 11:34 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.