Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

REMStar Auto RESET DATA SCREEN Not Shown
Gross 
REMStar Auto RESET DATA SCREEN Not Shown
On my REMStar Auto 560P 60 Series System One Auto A Flex, I wish to RESET the machines Data Back to ZERO / Factory state as I am starting to use the CPAP once again from a long holiday from it. I know Machine Hours is not erasable.

The Clinician Manual for the System One show the INFO SCREEN on the device includes a "RESET DATA" Option. Hold Both Buttons for 5 Seconds and the device clears, However this Info is not being displayed on my Machine. The RESET DATA  and MACHINE HOURS are not shown.

I've reviewed the various option in the Encore Basic Prescription Options, however I am unable to locate the switch that will unlock these options.... It's hiding somewhere.

And in regards to the SD CARD's contents , If I erase all the DATA in the p0 Files, will this alone create a fresh start, or will the machine re-write all the Data back into it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REMStar Auto RESET DATA SCREEN Not Shown
highlight the "setup" square, then hold down ramp and button till beeps. then, go in the "setup" again and the reset data option will be there....

sd card... the machine will just rewrite all the data back to the card, unless you reset the data as described...
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, 

After Performing the suggested 2 button procedure, I then got "SD CARD ERROR - REMOVE AND REINSERT" with Beeping! After Backing out and Re-Inserting the card, the Screen still did not display the additional options needed.

It took some trial and error, but finally it worked.

What I had not realized is that the RESET DATA is located in the INFO SCREEN... not the Setup Screen.....
Post Reply Post Reply
yep.  i just noticed my error.  it is located in the info section.  sorry 'bout that...
Post Reply Post Reply
No apologies required!  Thank you again for your assistance. I'm still surprised the method was not located in the Clinician Manual.

On a similar subject, do you know of a practical method where I can transfer the data that is downloaded daily from the FlashAir card and stored in the SLEEPDATA Folder (that is used for SleepyHead use) on my "C" Drive and use in addition Encore Basic to read that data?

It appears Encore Basic only allows data to be read from the presence of an SD Card.  

Other than placing a SD Card in the reader of my PC and manually transferring the Data on the C Drive that was downloaded from FlashAir onto it, and then pointing Encore to the Card as normally done, does a more practical way exist?

THX!!
Post Reply Post Reply
You can load a virtual sd card onto your pc using a pc application called imdisk and if you use that as the destination of files from flashpap then both encore basic and sleepyhead will be able to read your data from the virtual sd card. I do this with resscan and my Resmed machines as an sd card sticks out of the side of my laptop. I use batch files and CLI to mount and Unmount my virtual sd card I can share the command I use if helpfull
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes please!  Great suggestions..... The "Virtual" SD card was a software device I was unaware of. Virtual Drives yes, but not a simple SD Card.  I'm going to try "Virtual SD Card Maker"....... I'll give it a go.... I'm assuming your BATCH file automates the retrieval, though just having a folder  will suffice  for me if it's recognized easily by both Encore and Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
The batch file makes sure the sd card is mounted before running flashpap to copy the data as the sd card does not auto mount at startup.
Post Reply Post Reply
Right.... I  attempted to install the Virtual SD Card Maker, but it continued to give errors that it was not large enough though I specified 5MB.  I was guessing on many of the settings needed for a correct install. Could you direct me to a Step by Step that fully covers what is need to install this on a PC?
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=8823 Wrote:Wizard99 pid='274758' dateline='1539784126']Right.... I  attempted to install the Virtual SD Card Maker, but it continued to give errors that it was not large enough though I specified 5MB.  I was guessing on many of the settings needed for a correct install. Could you direct me to a Step by Step that fully covers what is need to install this on a PC?

I use IM Disk which can be downloaded form sourceforge

Attached is a screen shot of a mounted Virtual disk I made it 2 GB as that is the size of a resmed SD card

To create a new removable disk Click mount new drive and I used the settings in this screenshot

once created you need to format the 'E' Drive in my instance

I promised you a batch file I use to mount the Drive and launch flashpap

I have a dummy file called Home.txt in the root directory of the virtual SD card if the batch file cannot find it then either the wrong virtual SD is mounted or no virtual SD is mounted. My laptop Flushes its local dns unmounts any mounted D: drives and remounts the correct virtual sd as D:\ and ensures it is flagged as removable and then launches flashpap to perform a download if the correct SD card is mounted it skips the mount stuff and just launches flashpap

the batch file looks like this

if not exist D:\Home.txt ( 
ipconfig /flushdns
imdisk -D -m D:
imdisk -a -f "C:\Virtual Disks\Home SD.raw" -m D:\ -o rem)
start C:\FlashPAP\FlashPAP.jar user=S9HomeWifi exit=yes startapp=yes
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 195 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 404 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
Question [CPAP] Reset motor run hours after new motor djforrestidaho 9 810 12-06-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 252 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.