Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

REMStar SE with DOT Compliance
REMStar SE with DOT Compliance
Hello all! I'm new here and relatively new to the CPAP world. I am a Class A CDL driver. I fractured my wrist earlier this year a few months before my medical card expired. Well, unfortunately with my wrist fracture I wasn't to recertify my card. I had just started using my CPAP machine, I had to order it off the internet because I didn't have insurance and still don't.

I went to have a DOT Physical done, I brought in the SD card(naively thinking that they could read it). Well, of course they couldn't so I wasn't able to pass the DOT Physical.

My question is, how would I be able to give them a compliance printout for this machine?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REMStar SE with DOT Compliance
Have you acquired the manual for the machine ? If not, to to the top and click on CPAP Setup Manuals to read about your machine.

Have you checked if Sleepyhead can download and graph the data? IF not, I'd read about Sleepyhead and see if yours is one of the covered devices. It can create reports on useage. That may or may not help. There may be software specific to your machine and getting that can usually create a report.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2016, 08:48 PM)Beej Wrote: Have you acquired the manual for the machine ? If not, to to the top and click on CPAP Setup Manuals to read about your machine.

Have you checked if Sleepyhead can download and graph the data? IF not, I'd read about Sleepyhead and see if yours is one of the covered devices. It can create reports on useage. That may or may not help. There may be software specific to your machine and getting that can usually create a report.

Thank you for your response.

I read through the manual saw no mention of any print outs to give to a physician. The only information for compliance was saying that if I hold some buttons down it would give me some numbers.

I just wasn't sure if I just took it to the DOT Physician. The DOT Physicians that I have talked to have no idea, just saying that they need a print out saying that I used it 70% of the days and at least 4 hours a night. Which the CPAP machine is supposed to show the information only if I meet the compliance.

I did download sleepyhead, unfortunately my machine wasn't compatible with the software.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure, but Encore Basic may work with your machine. You should be able to print a compliance report.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

You have an older machine that is not data capable. I believe the only info you can get off it would be basic hours of use and AHI reading.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Remstar SE is a bottom of the line machine that does provide basic compliance data, but does not give you feedback on the effectiveness of your treatment. You should have joined here before buying. Yes, it is cheap, but your job depends on it.

The SE provides compliance data that can normally be read with the EncoreBasic program available here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

This should work for you. When you get back in the market for a machine with data, be sure to check in; we will be glad to help with a better selection that helps you get the most out of the therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you bought the machine from an online supplier, vs a private seller, you can check with the supplier. They might be able to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any facility that does a DOT physical should be able to read a data
card. we sometimes for a small fee will download cards for people not
even seeing our DOT doc.

call around to some clinics, one should be able to read the data off the card. we use a ResMed site and one called Encore anywhere,
and we can read about 95% of the cards out there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for your help. I downloaded EncoreBasic and was able to generate a report. However, the data is inaccurate. The days used is correct, however the average amount of time used is incorrect. I wear the cpap for a minimum of 6 hours at night, if not more when I sleep in. However, it's showing an average of 2 hours. Has anyone experienced an issue like this?
Post Reply Post Reply
Musicman, your machine has a display that can show the current day, 7-day average and 30 day average therapy hours. This display is discussed in your user manual https://www.sleepapnea.com/documents/Sys...Manual.pdf and you should consider getting the provider manual by using the link at the top of this page for CPAP manuals. You should verify if the machine is properly recording your hours of use. If it is not, you need to either get an exchange where you bought it, or buy an upgraded machine. Seriously, when your job depends on it, the cheapest machine may not be your best bet.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, thank you for your input. I found the 7 and 30 day averages that you are talking about and the discrepancies are very alarming. I will definitely be contacting Philips directly as the company that I bought this from didn't know much about the machine itself. I definitely wish that I had done more research, I was very naive in my thinking. I thought that I would have insurance by now to pay for a better machine.

I'm applying for another job from a reputable company so, I'm hoping that I can make something happen and I can get this position with insurance(for sure) and get a good unit.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 318 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 221 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,371 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 238 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 406 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  compliance question singergal67 7 630 06-10-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: singergal67
  Vacation - CPAP compliance was amazing, now home and I'm struggling again Muhlyssa 3 499 05-26-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Muhlyssa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.