Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

REMstar AFlex Series 60 Time of day
Question 
REMstar AFlex Series 60 Time of day
Hi,
I just finished setting up my new PR Series 60 CPAP and SleepyHead. One thing I discovered is apparently the CPAP clock is set about 3, or 4, hours later than the current EDT. I didn't see a time zone conversion/setting when configuring either the CPAP or SleepyHead. Does anyone know of a way I can reset the CPAP time to current EDT? Thanx for any help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REMstar AFlex Series 60 Time of day
(10-19-2014, 06:54 PM)MrHobbes Wrote: Hi,
I just finished setting up my new PR Series 60 CPAP and SleepyHead. One thing I discovered is apparently the CPAP clock is set about 3, or 4, hours later than the current EDT. I didn't see a time zone conversion/setting when configuring either the CPAP or SleepyHead. Does anyone know of a way I can reset the CPAP time to current EDT? Thanx for any help!

Hi MrHobbes,
I'm using ResMed gear, not PR, so I don't have 1st-hand experience with this, but I believe I have seen posts indicating that some (or all) PR machines have no means for users to adjust the clock. I believe there is a means with specific software and serial cable to effect this adjustment, but the software and cable are not made available except to DMEs. I believe there is a time offset setting in Sleepyhead to compensate for this issue.

Another alternative might be to take your machine back to your DME and ask them to correct the clock.

If I am wrong about this, someone with more knowledge of PR equipment should please correct me.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...g_the_time

User will not be able to set or change time, I am sorry, too!

You would need a Link Module, a Cable and a software bei Respironics to calibrate the clock:

Extracted from technical manual. This manual can be found at 'Private Files and Links' in this forum! I remember it is possible to buy such a link device in the States, I have seen an ad, but a lot of money only for setting the clock!

Greetings
Fat Rat

PS: I would try to modify the country settings at the first page of Profile in SleepyHead - not tested yet.

Post Reply Post Reply
"User will not be able to set or change time, I am sorry, too!"

They are correct in that it takes special hardware to change the clock... but the good news is that the internal clock is set at GMT/UTC and the software (Sleepyhead, etc.) will (if you set the software time zone preference correctly) compensate and show the your time properly on your computer.

I actually keep my Sleepyhead data current on two computers (one in the US Eastern time zone) and one in Israel (GMT + 3 hours) and both display the data properly.

Just remember to set the time zone in the software preferences to YOUR local time zone and make sure that your computer clock is also set on your local time and you will be "good to go".

I believe Respironics and others do this because they sell machines in all of the time zones and don't want users messing with the clock. They just leave it up to your software to compensate.

I hope this helps....

Paul

Post Reply Post Reply
Just a small important addition...

In Sleepyhead the clock/time zone adjustment is in the user profile under "File" then "Edit Profile".

Sorry for the omission....

Paul

Post Reply Post Reply
As a matter of fact, I am going through this now, and have been informed by Philips that there is no way for either you nor your provider to reset the clock - it has to go back to the nearest service centre for that - I am bringing mine in in an hour (had to make an appointment last week) for them to do the same, as not only was my clock always around 45 minutes off, but is now drifting further off. As it turns out, a good thing I made the appointment, since my humidifier has started going wonky - only works at setting five, and no longer at the settings I usually use. So, win-win for me, and I get a replacement machine for the time they need to service it. Wonder what I should choose - may try another brand for the week or two.....alas, the A10 has not reached Switzerland yet, so if I try a Resmed it would have to be the 9 version...
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to apologize... I made an assumption which turned out not to be true. It seems that the time used by SleepyHead to display graphs is from your computer system time setting, not from the timezone in your SleepyHead "Profile".

After playing around with it, I was able to shift the time displayed, by the amount of offset from my computer system clock time setting.

I don't know why the profile timezone is there, since when I change it, it doesn't seem to make a difference as to what is displayed. Only when I change the system clock setting of my computer does it seem to make a difference. SleepyHead mentions in the Preferences to make sure that your computer's system clock is set correctly.

By the way, the author of SleepyHead also has a built in offset correction for the Respironics internal clock in the "Preferences" and it is called "CPAP Clock Drift". Respironics's internal clock seems to be notorious for not keeping good time. In the two months I have had my machine I have not had to use that correction yet.

Good luck in getting your machine serviced....

Paul

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 209 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,432 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 619 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 173 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 807 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.