Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

REMstar Pro series M constantly beeps
REMstar Pro series M constantly beeps
Hello folks,

New to the forum, not new to sleep apnea. I have had my machine sing about 2004 and from what I have been reading here, it is a first generation w/o any techie bells or whistles, it does however, beep incessantly. I have had this happen the past where it is just a beep, beep, beep, beep and not two or one short beeps or beep in sequence. In the past when this would occur, I would make sure all of the cords are properly connected and it usually fixed it. I may take a try or two (which is irritating as all gt out at 3 AM) but it would fix it. I came home from work yesterday to find it beeping. I attempted my standard list of methods to clear the machine with no result. I went w/o my machine last night which is something I don't do. I take it with me when I travel; even camping (but I need a solution for that too as we do low impact camping). Needless to say I had a horribly restless night and have been searching to see if there are any notes in the owners manual about it and alas, there are none. Thought I would try here. Anyone have any idea? The display provides zero info.Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REMstar Pro series M constantly beeps
Hi Deanna, welcome to the forum

Any message displayed with the beeps?

Try rebooting, unplug the machine, wait awhile and plug back
Also try without the smart data card (might be the card is full or corrupted) or/and without the humidifier

Post Reply Post Reply
This machine is so old it isn't one that can be rebooted. I unplugged it last night and didn't try it again until 20 hours later. It still beeps. I will try taking the card out and see what happens. Thank you

Holy heck! That worked. Thank you so very much.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2015, 06:54 PM)Deanna Wrote: Holy heck! That worked. Thank you so very much.
Good news

The bill in the mail

Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
If there is a SmartCard in the back, pull it out. That is the cause.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Deanna,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear that pulling the card out of your machine was the solution to getting it working for you again, hope it keeps on going for you.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
Much successto you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Deanna, beyond the current problem, what are your plans for replacement of this antique? I finally dumped my 2008 M-Series last December. I know it's a good friend, but all good things must end someday. You'll be so much happier with a modern unit. I got two units off Craigslist at the time because I really didn't want to cough up the deductible and copay, but lots of options are available. Feel free to ask any questions, because you really don't want to deal with a failed unit of that age, and no backup.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would like to add that unless you've had the pressures checked regularly, they could be off.
Post Reply Post Reply
The truth of the matter is that I love my CPAP and believe that it may be time to replace it but.....I may not be needing it for very long. I am having a Gastric Sleeve Bypass surgery done on 7/24 and anticipate that it may alleviate the need for the device. I don't really want to throw any money at it unless I have to. I am sure that insurance would cover replacing my relic with a copay but if I can get by with it, I will.

Thank you all so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope all goes well with your surgery and that you realize your weight-loss goals and enjoy better health. Not to rain on the parade, but if you do manage to also completely cure your sleep apnea with the weight loss, you will be a rare exception in my experience, but you should have significant improvement. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12630614

Another way to look at it, perhaps a new auto machine will help you to automatically dial back pressure, as your weight loss occurs, and can help your to track your health improvements by providing data. Your choice obviously.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 176 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 377 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 252 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  Constantly Rainout with Climateline all of a sudden, help? tierdal 6 759 09-21-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Respironic BiPAP M series pressure settings jamesmck 3 562 09-17-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need Help - Constantly Fatigued Tron28 15 1,092 07-18-2023, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,051 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.