Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

REMstar Pro with C-Flex shuts off
REMstar Pro with C-Flex shuts off
I just joined the site and have a problem that I'm not sure best how to search for, so I'll just explain and perhaps you can redirect me to a current thread.

I have had my REMstar Pro with C-Flex for probably 4 years now and shortly after leaving Maryland (and having new insurance that won't cover my CPAP) I started experiencing a new problem. Often when I turn the blower on I will just hear a periodic low hum with slight vibration. I feel like the blower fan may be stuck. After about 5 seconds the machine will beep multiple times and shut off. Although it shuts off it will continue to beep until I unplug the machine. If I plug it back in within a few seconds the beeping will start up, if I wait for a minute it will turn on like normal but when starting the blower the same events will repeat.

Although I hate to do this, with sufficient slapping (and I think slapping is a bit mild) the blower will take off and the machine will operate for a few days like normal. Eventually the problem will resurface, and lately it operates for a few days at best before needing some coaxing.

I finally decided that rather than beat the machine into a completely inoperable state I would take it apart and see if the motor or fan was obviously stuck. Again, I don't have great insurance and it would likely be cheaper to buy one on my own (do I need to get a new rx for this if I already had one?) that get it repaired. I removed the housing screws from the back and then realized the knob prevents the lid prom opening. Not wanting to destroy the machine I returned the screws.

So, a few questions.

1) Is this a problem that can be easily remedied, or does it signify the machine is headed for the trash?

2) How do I remove the cover (knob especially) to access the motor?

3) Is there software to read my card data? I pulled the files long ago because my physician at Hopkins wasn't the best data analyst and I wanted to follow my progress. I found the data couldn't be read by any normal program such as excel so I'm wondering if there is a way to pull it so I can track my own CPAP use.

Thanks for any insight!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REMstar Pro with C-Flex shuts off
You can get the free SleepyHead software here http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-software.

As far as your machine goes, you'll have to contact someone to have it repaired or replaced. One of us might be better able to advise you about that if we knew your location.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi rnyland,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It sounds like your machine needs to be repaired.
Supplier number 2 on the supplier list on this board has gently used or open-box machines for great prices and from what I understand, their service is pretty good.
Hang in there for more suggestions.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there any kind of error message on the screen?

Respironics uses beeps and error codes to notify of errors. Sometimes just the beep, sometimes just the error code.

If it has a code, check here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...rror_codes

On the supplier's list are a few repair places. You can try contacting them and see what they say. #27 and 28
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Dreamstation 2 shuts off every hour. ekirtz 49 4,018 01-07-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 253 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  shallow breating shuts off my apap? PressuresOn 11 1,121 08-11-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: PressuresOn
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,051 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep
  Remstar plus self diagnosis setting? Sleepyjake 0 453 02-10-2023, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Sleepyjake
  Time Setting on Remstar TASleep 2 441 01-27-2023, 05:11 PM
Last Post: TASleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.