Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

REMstar Questions
REMstar Questions
I am still working on getting my first machine. I have been talking to the DME's ahead of the insurance precertification of the machine. I wanted the Remstar auto DS560TS. They are pushing the Remstar Pro Auto. Are we talking about the same machine? The DME says that the Pro Auto will do the auto CPAP if my provider will allow it, which he wont at this time. But that is another subject for later. My understanding is the Pro Auto will only do the auto for 30 days. Am I missing something or does Philips need to update their information?

What is the difference between the REMstar Auto and the REMstar Pro Auto?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REMstar Questions

What is the difference between the REMstar Auto and the REMstar Pro Auto?

The Pro will only do the Auto thing for Thirty days then check the user every thirty hours there after. Its a cheaper machine than the 560 auto that is a true auto machine . I would hold out for the 560 . If you check out supplier 1 there is only a little over sixty dollars difference . There just trying to maximize Profits . Insurance pays the same either way , same Insurance code if its a Pro or a Auto.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Rolland13,
What JWR said.
They can fix the machine you really want, to be straight CPAP, fixed pressure. Make sure you stand your ground and get what you want.
Best of luck and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2014, 09:35 AM)Rolland13 Wrote: I wanted the Remstar auto DS560TS. They are pushing the Remstar Pro Auto. Are we talking about the same machine?
Two different machines, Auto does everything Pro can do plus APAP mode ... 2 machines in 1
Auto ... model number 560
Pro ..... model number 460
TS ..... system one heated tube humidifier and SD card capable
System One comparison guide http://www.healthcare.philips.com/asset....-guide.pdf

Model number printed on the label bottom of the machine (remove water tank before checking)

Post Reply Post Reply
I wound up with the 460TS because I didn't find these wonderful internet resources to know the difference. While the 460TS is a very capable machine, If I had done my homework I would have insisted on the 560TS.

Stand your ground and get the 560TS. Don't let them sell you anything less.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 159 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 253 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.