Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RERA changes with mask/pillows changes
RERA changes with mask/pillows changes
I have noticed over the last month a trend.

I use ResMed p10 (small) pillows with a chinstrap, or a F&P simplus mask depending on the condition of my nares. I enjoy the pillows for comfort and lightness (and because you can scratch itches without taking it off Cool ). I SEEM, and I am not sure about this, to have more wake-ups with the pillows. MY AHI with either is similar, from about 0.5 to 3.
Looking at the SH data, it is clear that when I am using the pillows, I get a lot more RERA events than with the FFM, and it is quite consistent. I cannot tie this to any other events or ocurrences that I can think of.
Any of you experts out there want to weigh in? Is this meaningful? I do prefer in general the pillows, but if the RERA events are significant I can abide the FFM.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RERA changes with mask/pillows changes
Are you changing the mask declaration in the setup menu each time you change masks? Also, have you tried going up one size on the pillows?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2015, 10:06 AM)sgearhart Wrote: Are you changing the mask declaration in the setup menu each time you change masks? Also, have you tried going up one size on the pillows?

Yes I do change the setup menu when I change masks. I tried the medium pillows, but they were even more tough on my naares, and they leaked more than the smalls.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2015, 08:44 AM)Snowbird47 Wrote: I have noticed over the last month a trend.

I use ResMed p10 (small) pillows with a chinstrap, or a F&P simplus mask depending on the condition of my nares. I enjoy the pillows for comfort and lightness (and because you can scratch itches without taking it off Cool ). I SEEM, and I am not sure about this, to have more wake-ups with the pillows. MY AHI with either is similar, from about 0.5 to 3.
Looking at the SH data, it is clear that when I am using the pillows, I get a lot more RERA events than with the FFM, and it is quite consistent. I cannot tie this to any other events or ocurrences that I can think of.
Any of you experts out there want to weigh in? Is this meaningful? I do prefer in general the pillows, but if the RERA events are significant I can abide the FFM.

Your increase in RERAs seem to be reinforced by the increased awakenings with the pillows mask. If it were me, I would pay attention to these indicators and go with your full face mask. RERAs do not enable healthy sleep.

This is all just my opinion and is no help for trying to figure out why this is occurring.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,776 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 183 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 394 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 935 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 486 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Symptoms] Waking up with dry mouth with nasal pillows migui0323 3 531 01-05-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.