Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RERA events Resmed AirCurve 10
RERA events Resmed AirCurve 10
I have been using a Resmed Air Sense 10 (for her) on trial and recently started using a AirCurve 10 on the trial with BiPAP.

I used to see RERA events in Oscar on the AirSense - even when they were 0.00 - now I don't see them.  Does anyone know if the AirCruve 10 doesn't record this info?  Is there somewhere I could read what kind of data each device reports?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RERA events Resmed AirCurve 10
The AirCurve 10 doesn't flag RERAs.

Best comparison would be their respective clinician guides.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR doesn't report channels which have never had an event; once an event occurs on that channel, the channel will be reported even if there are no new events.

So either you haven't had any RERA events since you started using the VAuto, or the VAuto doesn't report RERA events. I suspect it does not. Perhaps somebody with a VAuto and a Clinicians Manual can verify this.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I wasn't able to find the clinical manual. I am still trialing devices. I am not sure if it is important if it does not report RERA i just noticed it and wondered. Also with the Phillips issues i think the resmed BiPap is best option.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no reference to RERA's in the AirCurve 10 Clinician guide.

Here's a good comparison chart between all Air10 devices:

I'm unsure if I can post a direct link to ResMed, but if you do a Google search for: "airsense10_aircurve10_product_and_therapies_matrix_amer_eng.pdf"

You'll get a good comparison chart.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick search found this:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Vauto+RERA

Here is a copy of the link, the Vauto does not record RERA...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sPClP5r...sp=sharing   look at page 2 under Vauto.

Certainly my own Vauto has never recorded any RERA.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Vauto does not flag RERA, however, it does effectively treat flow limitations. RERA are pretty easy to pick out as an increasing flow limitation followed by an arousal as indicated by increased tidal volume in the chart. It is very easy to use the flow rate, flow limitation and tidal volume charts to identify where these conditions are met. A closer look at flow rate will show if respiratory effort from flow limitation resulted in an arousal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SleepRider.  I will have to look into what your are suggesting. I am not familiar with how to interpret the tidal volume chart so i will have to go learn.  Thanks. Sounds interesting and useful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tidal volume is charted in mL per breath and you will normally see fluctuations. Flow limitation is nearly always correlated with a reduction in either tidal volume or minute vent, and an increase in inspiration time indicating more effort to breath in. Arousal is pretty easy to spot when you track those charts and see a change in respiratory volume and inspiration time at the end of a period of flow limitation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 11 Bipap skcampbell2 4 211 03-09-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 335 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 608 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
  Program a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO HD Fry 9 693 12-07-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  European AirCurve 10 VAUTO - Can somebody unlock please sleep2023 4 883 07-06-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: sleep2023
  Show RERA in Events Chart GeorgePa 3 773 06-09-2023, 05:41 AM
Question OSCAR Oximetry Pulse Rate Events - In Excessive Amounts (?) DavidEsp 4 860 02-17-2023, 06:11 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.