Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RERA events after increase of minimum pressure
RERA events after increase of minimum pressure
I received a PR Dreamstation Auto CPAP last week and began therapy.

My first adjustment was to narrow the treatment pressures to just under the last pressure I was on with my old CPAP and +5 to see where it went. According to SH, first night AHI was 4.00, with O=2, H=1.56, and CA=0.44.

Second night with the same settings was an AHI of 3.38, with O=1.07, H=1,78, FL=1.6, and CA=0.53.

Third night same settings with an AHI of 1.92, H=1.17, OA=0.75, and H=0.75.

Fourth night I adjusted the bottom limit up to 8 from 7 and left the upper limit the same. SH reports AHI of 1.80, H=1.05, RERA=0.75, CA=0.45, and OA=0.30.

Fifth night I adjusted the bottom limit back down to 7 and left the upper limit the same. SH reports AHI of 2.49, H=1.52, OA=0.97, RERA=0.55, and FL=0.28.

Should I be concerned with the RERAs? If so, what should I do? I felt good after the first couple of sessions but the third was not as good as the first two so I thought I'd try to lower the AHI. Now I've got the RERAs.

I have no mask leaks according to SH.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RERA events after increase of minimum pressure
MisterM, Others may disagree but I turn my RERA's off. I'm not concerned about them as long as my apnea events are under control and I'm sleeping well.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's last night chart.

[attachment=4740]

Trying the attachment feature at the bottom of the reply section.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mister M,
Changing your pressure settings every night is not the best way to go.  One night does not make a trend.

Your RERA count does not look high and your numbers are not bad.  It takes a little time to find the right range, so go by how you feel.

With that said, it does appear that your minimum should be no lower than 8cm, but for more precise advice, I suggest you post a #SleepyHead chart here.  Use the links in my signature line to guide you.

Ok, that was fast!

Move your minimum back to 8cm, and leave for a few days. You may even need to be a bit higher...I notice the pressure may be driven somewhat by snores.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Done. Let me know if there are specifics you want pinned and if you'd like to drill-down into a specific area.
Oh, and thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2018, 10:33 AM)MisterM Wrote: Done. Let me know if there are specifics you want pinned and if you'd like to drill-down into a specific area.
Oh, and thanks.

You did a fine job with the graph. Smile

Again, give a setting a few days to settle before changing. You may need to be at 8.5 or 9cm, but take it slow.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
MisterM, your trend in treatment was a definite improvement when you moved to 8.0 minimum. I agree with Opalrose you need to give that setting some time. My thought is you will probably need 8.5 to begin to work on the H and RERA events. No rush to get there. What is your Flex setting?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been on CPAP since 2001. My last machine, an old Remstar Pro2, finally began to get noisy and I wasn't as rested after sleep as before.

I began to adjust up because my median was at 8 and my 95% was at ca. 10 and my dreamstation didn't seem to react to some events. (Maybe I was reading SH wrong.)

Flex was at A-Flex 2. I changed it to C-Flex 1 because it didn't seem to react to events fast enough, i.e., some obstructive events were longer than 10s.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi MisterM,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
nope, it's just the machine, it is slow to react. You may find it works better as you get closer to the 95% number. 8.5 may do it, you may need a bit more. You can also raise the max to 15, in case you have a rough night, if you want to.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,284 11 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
Surprised [CPAP] Sudden Increase in AHI amfar33 2 96 04-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 192 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 200 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 109 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Predicting overnight minimum SP02 before falling asleep dfunk 0 104 04-02-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 150 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.