Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RERA [help understanding them]
RE: RERA [help understanding them]
Sorry. I have another question. Sleepyhead shows my events as 0.0, but MyAir shows as .9. Is there a reason why they're different? Usually they are the same so I'm more curious than anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check the start and end times on both. Odds are the clocks are off from each other so they're reporting different time periods. Most likely it's the My Air time that's off.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just a little update. After the other night when I had changed my own settings for the 2 hour nap, my fiance got all freaked out that I'd get booted out by my prescribing doctor or the DME or my insurance company so I reset it back to where it was at originally. I saw the prescribing doctor today (not sure this is relevant, but he is a PA at a pulmonary clinic) and he sent orders for the DME to up my pressure from 7 to 9, but no change in the EPR. I also asked about being switched to an autoset machine and he kept saying I didn't need BiPap so I was confused on that, my limited knowledge is Bipap and an autoset machine are not the same...am I wrong on that? I came home and checked later and saw the DME had upped the pressure so I went for a nap. It only lasted 1h20m. My events per MyAir were 1.5. Unfortunately, I forgot to place my SD card back in the machine after my appointment and am unable to check the data via SH Rolleyes .  The only problem I seemed to have after this nap was waking with palpitations. I do have a pretty severe anxiety disorder so it could be from that though I've not woken with palpitations before. Now, I am still under the compliance phase or whatever so how do I get a change to autoset? I don't see this doctor again until November. He wasn't even going to up the pressure, but my fiance mentioned that I'm still snoring at times. Also, can DME tell that the changes I made actually came from me? I know I could use airplane mode, but that seems like they wouldn't be able to let my insurance company know I am compliant? The SD card didn't come from the DME, I bought it myself to use with SH. Sorry for the ramble and thanks for any advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Airsense 10 Autoset is a CPAP that automatically adjusts pressure. The Elite is a CPAP that has fixed pressure. Both have EPR. All bilevel machines are branded "Aircurve 10". Don't assume your doctors or PA have any actual experience or knowledge of settings or even machines other than "pressure". It's really up to them to prove otherwise give the widespread ignorance of how things actually work.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Me once again. I am attaching 2 screenshots and would just like to know if things look normal-ish. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Overall your numbers are great. Your still getting some flow limitations though. I would still increase EPR to reduce them along with the hypopnea events. But it really depends if they're disturbing your sleep still. If not than I'd leave things alone.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I will raise it tonight. I forgot to put my SD card back in my machine last night so no graphs :Sad but I had machine on for 5h36m and events were 2.5 . I wish I could talk my doctor into an autoset machine. Should I put EPR at 2 pr 3? And thank you again for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would try 2cm EPR first and see if that helps, if after a couple of days it doesn't help try 3cm. Keep an eye on the obstructive events. If they start to increase you'll want to bump the minimum pressure up one also.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I just changed it to 2 so I don't forget at bedtime. My machine is on a fixed pressure of 9 so if I start having more OAs, I'll need to raise it to 10?
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess I was wrong and did have the SD card in  Rolleyes It seems the reras and all but two of the hypopneas happened during my second block of sleep where I changed out my mask. The first block of sleep has the OAs. The first block, I was using F&P Brevida nasal pillows, but when I woke, my nose was feeling slightly sore so I changed over to Resmed nasal pillows (forget the actually name of them, sorry). The graphs from yesterday, I had been wearing a soft cervical collar, but last night I used a chinstrap. Could the mask changes or using chinstrap cause any of the changes in my data? I also tend to worry that I'm not breathing right while sleeping, is there anything in the data that indicates that or am I just being paranoid? Thank you and sorry for so many questions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 161 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Understanding OSCAR data BaldZoomer 3 216 04-01-2024, 02:22 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,969 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 232 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 593 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  [Treatment] Understanding rise in AHI PedroT 17 894 12-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: PedroT
  Help Understanding CA hollercollett 2 383 12-26-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: hollercollett

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.