Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RERA not recorded?
RERA not recorded?
I noticed that I haven't had a RERA recorded in like almost 2 months. I'm wondering if the Dreamstation stops recording them at some pressure?

I know that happens for snoring above 16cm.

I also noticed it didn't record RERA's when in fixed BIPAP.

It's one of three things:

1. It's just a coincidence.

2. There's a cutoff where the machine doesn't record it.

3. It's broke.

Any input gladly accepted!

Thinking-about
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RERA not recorded?
Have you compared data in both #SleepyHead and EncorePro for RERA's?

4. Or it may be possible your machine is set up at optimal pressure settings for you and you are simply not experiencing RERA's.

Post some data and let us take a look.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cross checked with Encore and the readings are the same as Sleepyhead. There's nothing to see in the charts. OA's, H's, CA's, PD's and FL's are all being recorded just no RERA's. I even checked to make sure RERA's was selected at the bottom. It was. Pie chart shows 0% for RERA's. I guess it could be dialed in but you would think at least one would've popped up from time to time.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know...I can go days, weeks without seeing Rera's with my auto machine, but I'm not sure how all that works with a bipap.

Does your Clinician's manual give any clues?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No I went through it but didn't find anything.

Thanks for the input.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a whole bunch of extra RERA's every night, and would be happy to share them with you, Walla Walla! I had a 0.13 AHI last night--one lousy Hypop spoiled my zero--but 14 RERA's--and that number was below my average.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 173 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505
Surprised 20 minutes recorded for full night's sleep Deborah K. 10 593 01-06-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSA events mistakenly recorded as central? esaulcatnas 0 314 12-14-2023, 09:21 PM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  Respiratory effort- related arousals (RERA's) MrIvanDrago 3 703 11-01-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [CPAP] WORST SLEEP APNEA IN RECORDED HISTORY, plzzz help! memoryNada786 23 2,802 09-11-2023, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Mjadalak
  PLM pattern or RERA spikes? permabear 35 2,236 08-20-2023, 03:24 PM
Last Post: permabear
  [CPAP] What's the best CPAP for reducing RERA events Anthon 1 578 08-11-2023, 05:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.