Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Did the Sleep folks miss something?
Did the Sleep folks miss something?
Have had a nagging feeling for quite some time, something was odd, but couldn't put a finger on it, tonight it dawned on me... for the life of me I can't find a screenshot of respiration rates to compare with mine so I'll just ask... Is it normal to have a lower waking respiratory rate than sleeping? Awake 22:30, 23:50: 03:00 on.  Like this ->

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Did the Sleep folks miss something?
That's how mine looks.

I actually love how my breathing pattern distinctly shows my awake, sleep and even REM.

I can look at an evenings OSCAR graph, see when I fell asleep, woke up or any nightly awakenings.

For example:

It appears:
  • you fell asleep after abut 15 minutes at about 10:35
  • You woke up at about 11:35 for about 10 minutes
  • You woke up at about 3:15 and layed in bed an hour and 15 minutes.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Did the Sleep folks miss something?
@Dog Slobber,

Hey Dog Slobber, Yeah I do like the fact that it shows clearly whether or not I'm awake or asleep, my concern is it appears to be inverse of what I see in other charts. Shouldn't the awake respiration rate be higher than when asleep? 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 114 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 205 04-23-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 233 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 267 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,432 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  How to optimize low AHI / Why does ResMed miss? austinweathers29 1 421 09-11-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 852 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.