Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

question about leaks
question about leaks
hey everyone I have been on the hose for about a month now and I have some questions about my leak data. when I first started my leaks were great numbers, Im talking zeros across the board my first two weeks I had a 95% leak over 5 maybe twice. but in these last two weeks my leaks seem to have gone crazy, now its rare that I have a 95% leak under 14. Stats for the last 7 days show average leak of 5.3 and a 95% leak of 16.8. So what could cause this random spike, did my mask wear out that quick that its not holding a seal now? Are these numbers even something to worry about or am I reading too much into the data? It doesnt sound that high but the graphs look crazy. For what its worth I still feel like a completely different person, and my AHI has stayed consistently between .2 and 1.1 no matter the leak.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: question about leaks
I have to cinch down the straps every so often.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2013, 08:19 PM)jeepersheart Wrote: Are these numbers even something to worry about or am I reading too much into the data?
Nothing to worry about unless disturbing your sleep
Does your mouth feel dry in the morning? if the case ... chinstrap helps keep mouth closed and minimize mouth breathing/leaks

Post Reply Post Reply
This happened to me too and I dont why. The first week, the leak rate was below 12 but last week has increased to like 28. The mask is only 2 weeks old too. I have also reajust the straps and etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems to me the FX headgear doesn't hold up well. It looses it's elasticity quickly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Part of it could be headgear (it does break down with time) and part could be comfort / adjusting to the treatment. If you're sleeping in some slightly different positions because you're not as worried about the hose or the mask, it can lead to some edging up in the leak rate....as you nudge the mask or pull the hose a bit here and there causing a higher leak.

As others have said, though... the numbers are nothing to worry about.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 290 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 243 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 141 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 162 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 109 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 504 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 771 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.