Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

airsense 10 autoset or resmed S9 autoset
RE: airsense 10 autoset or resmed S9 autoset
Thank you all for your input....I think I'm going to switch to the S9 autoset due to it was the machine I was first exposed to during my titration period and had zero problems with it...brought it home turned it on and sleep great for 3 days....infact the last day I had it before having to take it back my wife woke me up at noon and asked if I was gonna sleep all day...that was after 13hrs sleep...omg that was great....I'm not putting the A10 autoset down but it just doesn't feel the same to me. Thanks again
It's exactly like that. . . . only totally different. . . . Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm surprised that Tangled comments that the S9 uses "far less" power than the A10.
Resmed's document here indicates the reverse... Google for 198103r3_batteryguide_glo_eng.pdf

I too need to hire -> purchase a APAP\CPAP machine and looking at the resmed 10 range, but also concerned about power usage on the occasional going away trips a few times a year, camping etc.

I have been given a script for Fixed Pressure - of quite high 17, with a follow up study in 1-2 months .. so I am thinking of at least renting\trying for that period.
At the very least, I can still set an Auto machine to a Fixed - its just the AutoSet vs Elite is a big price difference if I dont ever need the auto features.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2015, 06:14 AM)DruiD Wrote: I have been given a script for Fixed Pressure - of quite high 17, with a follow up study in 1-2 months .. so I am thinking of at least renting\trying for that period.
At the very least, I can still set an Auto machine to a Fixed - its just the AutoSet vs Elite is a big price difference if I dont ever need the auto features.
New, Open Box ResMed S9 AutoSet w/ Heated Humidifier $699.00
New, Open Box ResMed S9 Elite w/ Heated Humidifier $679.00
Both: ClimateLine, and Slimline tubing included.
Source: Supplier #2 http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

For extra $20, you get two machines in one ... bargain
You're very likely will benefit from having the AutoSet feature especially at your prescribed pressure
If you're renting, you're wasting your money
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2015, 06:14 AM)DruiD Wrote: I'm surprised that Tangled comments that the S9 uses "far less" power than the A10.
Resmed's document here indicates the reverse... Google for 198103r3_batteryguide_glo_eng.pdf

I too need to hire -> purchase a APAP\CPAP machine and looking at the resmed 10 range, but also concerned about power usage on the occasional going away trips a few times a year, camping etc.

I have been given a script for Fixed Pressure - of quite high 17, with a follow up study in 1-2 months .. so I am thinking of at least renting\trying for that period.

The clinical manual for both the S9 and Airsense indicate that the Airsense does draw more power........I will find both and quote the manuals and get back with the details when I get a chance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cheers Zonk - still wondering if I should buy from overseas as I want local follow up clinic support. Concern over whether I will get that with a US machine. Also concern over whether my Aust Insurance (BUPA) will pay out over on a purchase of a Auto machine when I'm scripted for Fixed and whether they will pay when its purchased from US as well.

Thanks 'under pressure' - I found the power ratings from official resmed docmentation (but not the clinical manual).... with humdifier, tubes etc all on - the Airsense seems to use less, however yes - out of the box, just the Stock machine without humdifiers and climate tube - the S9 uses less.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think Bupa pay anything for machines purchased from US but no harm in asking and don't think they care whether the machine is CPAP, APAP, etc ... you can ask your doctor or sleep lab where you had the sleep study for a auto script

APAP is better option for people on high pressure as yours, here what ResMed say on this subject:

I hear that APAPs work only for people on low to moderate pressures, is this true?

Actually, the opposite is true. According to a recent study, AutoSet technology provides the greatest benefits for people on 10 cm H2O or more
http://www.resmed.com/int/service_and_su...nc=dealers

According to titration protocol, swtich to BIPAP whenever pressure 15 is reached

As for support, I got all the support I need from the folks of this support group and see my sleep doctor occasionally ... YMMV

Masks trials is most important, recently I paid $50 to local seller for trying 3 different masks and end up buying one on-line

Post Reply Post Reply
I've used both machines and didn't have any trouble with either of them.

I will preface the next two statements by saying I only used the S9 for a two week trial period and have been using the S10 for the past 6 months steadily. I noticed that the humidity levels seemed to go higher on the S9 and I didn't have issues with dry mouth. On the other hand, (the pressure might have been a tad under set for me when I was using the S9 but...) I did wake up a few times from apnea events so it didn't ramp up to respond as quickly as I would have liked. I have had no such issue with the S10 and have been averaging under 0.5 events per hour. Dry mouth seems to be my only problem with the S10 but some nights are better than others.

All that being said, pick whichever works best for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all .. so far have only used a basic F&P machine in the sleep clinic for the Titration .. with a each different type of mask, with the most success on my side sleeping with 'medium' Respironics Nuance Pro.

Guessing the newer S9\S10 setup will be a better machine than the older F&Ps - but not sure how to go about 'trialing' different masks etc - I have an appointment in 2 days to go see a local supplier\consultant etc and they do month by month 'hire' - so might be the best option until I lock down the machine and mask decision
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2015, 07:48 AM)DruiD Wrote: Guessing the newer S9\S10 setup will be a better machine than the older F&Ps - but not sure how to go about 'trialing' different masks etc - I have an appointment in 2 days to go see a local supplier\consultant etc and they do month by month 'hire' - so might be the best option until I lock down the machine and mask decision
This the best time to try different masks for free, as the supplier would bend over backwards to earn your business this time round

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 28 509 3 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,868 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,646 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.