Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RESMED AIRFIT F30
RESMED AIRFIT F30
I have been using the Resmed Airfit F20 or airtouch F20 since they have been introduced. Both of them work well for me. I prefer the airtouch foam but they do not last nearly as long as the silicone. I have been looking for an alternative for years because sometimes my face at the side of my nose gets irritated. I need a full face mask and I have tried the amara view and dreamwear full face. Both of those are hybrids which leak on me.

I recently purchased the new Resmed Airfit F30 which is also a hybrid. I have used it for 4 nights with similar results as the  F20. Leaks have been a bit higher which I will work on. I am a side sleeper and you get to know a mask and how to put it against a pillow to reduce leaks.

I do not understand why they just have a small and medium size but no large on. It should be small and large size with no medium. Also, on the F20 I use a large mask.
 Compared to the medium F30 the mouth opening length on the F20 is about 1/4 inch larger (which I prefer).

So I think I finally have an alternative mask that works.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RESMED AIRFIT F30
Glad it worked for you. I never could get it to stop leaking on me without it pressing the underside of my nose which was painful.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RESMED AIRFIT F30
(11-30-2018, 03:34 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Glad it worked for you. I never could get it to stop leaking on me without it pressing the underside of my nose which was painful.

I think the whole design point was to make it press the underside of the nose. All my ffm have had a tendency to slip upwards and be very loose and wonky at the nosebridge so f30 was probably designed to address these types of people.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,624 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,627 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,501 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,930 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,279 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,718 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 359 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.